`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett grades on cards sent in. Jordan RC altered.
Sad 
Beckett grades on cards sent in. Jordan RC altered.
Just received my email from Beckett grading that the cards I sent in were graded and shipped back today. I am very disappointed with the results I had 2 cards that was graded as altered someone help on this, what does altered mean. Trimmed, touched up?? The big disappointment was my Jordan rookie from the Fleer set I bought was one of the ones that was altered. Man that really sucks and I have to admit I don't curse very often but I did say a couple choice words on that one. Also a Bird auto I bought from someone on here turned out to be altered also. I am going to give beckett a call tomorrow and see if I can find out exactly how they were altered. Well I have learned my lesson next Jordan I buy will be graded. As far as the rest of the grades I believe I did pretty good I am pleased with the way they graded.
Below are the grades let me know your opinion on them and someone please explain the altered ones.
Thanks,

1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan RC Altered
1986-87 Fleer Larry Bird 7.5
1986-87 Fleer Joe Dumars RC 9
2007-08 Topps Echelon Autographs Larry Bird/50 Altered
2007-08 Ultimate Collection Materials Autographs Larry Bird 9 auto 10
2009-10 Crown Royale Majestic Signatures Bill Russell/49 8.5 auto 10
2006-07 Press Pass Legends Legendary Legacy Autographs Platinum
Larry Bird/25 7.5 auto 10
2009-10 Upper Deck Draft Edition Alma Mater Autographs Kevin Garnett/25 8 auto 10
2007-08 Chronology Kevin Garnett AU 9 auto 10
1996-97 Topps Holding Court Michael Jordan 9.5
2002-03 Topps Chrome Refractors White Border Kevin Garnett 9.5
1997-98 Topps Rock Stars Refractors Kevin Garnett 9.5
1996-97 Topps Season's Best Michael Jordan 9
1997-98 Topps Chrome Topps 40 Michael Jordan 9.5
1997-98 Finest Refractors Kevin Garnett S 10
1996-97 Hoops Superfeats Michael Jordan 9
1998-99 Upper Deck Ovation Jordan Rules Michael Jordan 7
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Larry Bird 6
1998-99 Metal Universe Planet Metal Michael Jordan 8.5
2006-07 Upper Deck Hardcourt Game Floor Michael Jordan 9.5
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

RE: Beckett grades on cards sent in. Jordan RC altered.
Trims and touch-ups are 2 types of alterations that's for sure, trimming to "fix" chipped edges and possibly a marker or something to fix a soft corner/chipped edge. I'd be pissed about those 2 also. I'm guessing the MJ was trimmed, wonder what the guy that sold you the Bird auto did to it.

By altered im guessing they mean that someone cut the sides so it looks like very sharp edges and corners. I heard of this happening to MJ rookie cards. That sucks, Maybe when it comes time to get mines i'll make sure to get it when it's already graded.

My Collection
Twitter @KnightsCards
[Image: SmallerBanner.jpg]

(04-03-2012, 12:20 AM)evolb909 Wrote: Trims and touch-ups are 2 types of alterations that's for sure, trimming to "fix" chipped edges and possibly a marker or something to fix a soft corner/chipped edge. I'd be pissed about those 2 also. I'm guessing the MJ was trimmed, wonder what the guy that sold you the Bird auto did to it.
Not sure how the Bird auto was altered I am hoping to find out and yes I am very pissed that Bird was/is one of my favorites, even being altered.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

sorry about the bad luck on the "altered cards"... where did you buy the 87 set at? was it recent? I look at MJ RC's just about every other day, but always decide to pass them up... graded ones are too expensive for me right now..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(04-03-2012, 12:32 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: sorry about the bad luck on the "altered cards"... where did you buy the 87 set at? was it recent? I look at MJ RC's just about every other day, but always decide to pass them up... graded ones are too expensive for me right now..

The 86-87 fleer set also included the stickers and I got them from a guy that had advertised them on craigslist.....yea, I know. Now I know why he was selling so cheap.

I'm interested in the Bird card. If it were a black bordered card, I would "touch-up" immediately as they the easiest candidates. But most the veteran auto cards from Echelon don't have black borders, so I'm stumped.

(04-03-2012, 12:53 AM)jsmouser Wrote: I'm interested in the Bird card. If it were a black bordered card, I would "touch-up" immediately as they the easiest candidates. But most the veteran auto cards from Echelon don't have black borders, so I'm stumped.
you might be on the right track:

it could be someone sharpened up the auto itself.

If it is altered they will send a piece of paper back with a brief description showing what was done, usually its from being trimmed though. Deff sucks
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

sucks about the altered cards but kinda cool you got one 10 Big Grin