`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?

OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?

I was on a job site this morning when I overheard an arguement between two guys over the Mega Millions 500 million Jackpot. I couldn't help but laugh at these guys who were bickering like little kids over something they don't even have. So I thought what fun would it be to ask you guys the same questions they were fighting over.

1. Would you take the payments or Cash option?
2. How would you help your closest friends and family? meaning..How much would you give them?

They both said cash option. One said he would keep 75% and split the 25% between family and friends. The other guy said to take the money and split it all down the middle. haha silly..

Since I asked I might as well start.
I would choose the cash option. I would call all my family over and give them the news. Then I would tell them to add up their debts and bring them to me and they would be paid off including morgage and car loans. I would then give each house hold 350k and let them pick a new car. Seeing as though I don't have true friends but one,i'd do the same for him. I would have college funds for my two kids. I would donate money to a church to help for a good cause "not sure what at this time". Take most of the winnings and put into savings,buy a comfortable house "no mansion" and me and the old lady a nice car,and a nice pickup for me. I'd also take my kids to disney. Not much else. I'd prolly buy a couple hobby boxes and pass out some to guys on here as well as hold some drawing to win some. Do something cool .lol I'd also like to go into business with my buddy. Maybe buy a franchise or something.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?
I'd take the annuity. Then I'd walk into work naked and flip everyone off as I screamed like a howler monkey and turned in my resignation.
Is this thing on?

(03-29-2012, 01:22 PM)shivelycore Wrote: I'd take the annuity. Then I'd walk into work naked and flip everyone off as I screamed like a howler monkey and turned in my resignation.
Haha.. Hey atleast you can bond yourself out of jail after that.
I'd want to work. Keep myself busy and hands out of the cookie jar of ex-presidents.lol
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I'd take the payments, and I wouldn't tell anyone except for my immediate family (Mom, Dad, and brother). Maybe try to cut my work to part-time if possible, but I would continue working. I'd invest most of the money, pay off my mortgage, probably buy a new car since mine has $150K miles on it. Then I would offer all the other guys that collect the same player as me a ridiculous amount of money for their collections Smile
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

Honestly, I've always wanted to open a card store, so that's what I'd do.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I'd take the cash and buy Upper Deck. In all honesty I would take the cash and setup my friends and family for life. Donate a good chunk to charity. Would definitely see every MLB ballpark. I have a funny feeling that my card collection would be a little higher end and much much larger. I'd also get Phillies season tickets. I'd definitely be sitting front row ringside at Wrestlemania 28 this Sunday...Yeah I said Wrestlemania Smile

I would take the cash, hire the best attorney on the planet to get custody of my son which would be very first thing i would do. i would payoff all of my mother and grandmother's debts and would buy them both a new house and new cars, although mom just got a new one last month Smile. I think after that I would likely donate my entire collection except for complete sets which go to my son and I would start collecting high end framed auto jerseys, bats, etc. Lastly i would probably host a high end case break on this site and do a lottery and ail all the cards out to members.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Just for the sake of arguement...

I dont trust the government like I used to. So what I would take the Cash Option Then get a lawyer,pay off my house and cars. Next keep a cool mil on hand, then give certain family memebers some cash and pay off there bills including the house, With all that I still have millions left. give 1 mil to my church, police, firefighters, and to a select few like abused women and childern center, St Judes hospital and cancer research divided equally between the million.
The rest of the money is in good growth stock mutual funds IRAs and CDs.
I wont quit my job for now but be looking for a more relaxed position.
I also would call Dave Ramsey just to make sure I dont do any stupid mistakes Like buy an island somewhere. LOL
So when I retire I have all that money growing intrest and live off of it.
Or I may quit my job and go back to school and learn politics and run for president and everyone will learn the word NO!!
Call me greedy but it was my 1.00 that won and I can do with it as I please. Yes there is immediate family that I could give some too but it would ruin their lives more than it would help
PS
Get the Big 8 1909-1911 T-206s and not quit collecting cards untill I am president then start it again once my term(s) were up LOL
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Cash option.
Debts for me and family paid off.
Then buy lots and lots of cases of A&G this year and break the code. That will be my job!

Collecting TCU Alums: LaDanian Tomlinson, Andy Dalton, Jeremy Kerley etc.
Looking for Mike Schmidt Pre-1980's, Auto, GU, and GU/Autos

My first phone call would be to my sister...I just won millions yet I would be looking for some free legal advice from my sis the lawyer...lol

They hold the drawing around 11PM eastern which is at least 2 hours past her normal bedtime so I would have to call right then and wake her...I'm sure I'd get the answering machine...

"hey sis...pick up...I REALLY NEED A LAWYER, PLEASE PICK UP!!!"

Oh, and I would take the cash option for sure. My family would all be well taken care of. My 6 nieces and nephews would have their outstanding student loans paid off. I have a couple of close friends who would see some part of the winnings, and then I would move somewhere closer to one of my favorite fishing lakes.