`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Grading Timing Question

Grading Timing Question
So I sent my first-ever batch of cards in to be graded a while back and selected 10-day service. I received the confirmation that they had arrived a week ago Monday (3-19) and the 10 days refers to business days. I have not yet received the info on them being done, and if my math is right that makes tomorrow the last business day, right? Or does the day I received the e-mail not count, meaning they would have until this coming Monday, April 2nd, to make good on the guarantee?

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they were late, I would welcome the discount, I'm just double-checking how that works exactly so I know if/when to complain!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Grading Timing Question
You should get them tomorrow because thats the 10th business day
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

Hey man, from experience, sometimes it takes them a while for them to post or write you. But they've always gotten my orders done in time. They are obligated to start your order the day after they receive your order... so that's when the days start... but you may not get the "received your order" email in a few days. You will receive a email the afternoon that your order is scheduled to be ready, with grades and a shipping day. Good luck with your cards/grades, hope this helps!
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

(03-29-2012, 11:09 AM)htowntigger Wrote: Hey man, from experience, sometimes it takes them a while for them to post or write you. But they've always gotten my orders done in time. They are obligated to start your order the day after they receive your order... so that's when the days start... but you may not get the "received your order" email in a few days. You will receive a email the afternoon that your order is scheduled to be ready, with grades and a shipping day. Good luck with your cards/grades, hope this helps!
+1..i forgot they start the day after they recieve it so it should be monday
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

Thanks guys. I couldn't remember for sure and the grading website is under some serious construction right now and I couldn't find it. I'm getting anxious I guess!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

Yeah, what they said. Smile It's starts the day after they receive them, which would mean 10 business days puts your cards to be finished and shipped by 4/2/2012. I really wish, and not sure why they don't, they would have a way to mark them as received so we know someone has looked at the invoice at least and acknowledged that it's an X day service. Then we know when to start counting our days. My last submission took an extra day, and it was 20 day service.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(03-29-2012, 11:35 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Yeah, what they said. Smile It's starts the day after they receive them, which would mean 10 business days puts your cards to be finished and shipped by 4/2/2012. I really wish, and not sure why they don't, they would have a way to mark them as received so we know someone has looked at the invoice at least and acknowledged that it's an X day service. Then we know when to start counting our days. My last submission took an extra day, and it was 20 day service.
Did you get any kind of reimbursement/discount for that?

(03-29-2012, 12:09 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Did you get any kind of reimbursement/discount for that?
No, and I didn't push it. I do think they shipped it faster than I had requested though, so it worked out.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Update: Just got the e-mail and they shipped them today! Most of the grades were as expected, a couple a bit low, but nothing below an 8. No 10s unfortunately but there were some 9's and 9.5's sprinkled in.

I'll be sure to scan them when they get here!

I had the same question. I sent mine off on March 1st and have not received any email that they have arrived but I know they have them because I had a signature confirmation on delivery. They have taken the payment out of my account but no email telling me anything about my order yet.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]