`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay helpful tip for searching

eBay helpful tip for searching
I just figured out how to do something that many of you might already know about but I am guessing there are many more that don't know about it. What I refer to is what eBay calls "Saved Searches". This is when you are constantly looking for a specific item and want to be notified via email when it pops up for sale on eBay. I figured there was a way to do this as I was getting tired of every few days entering in the same search to see if the card popped up. The key is to make your search general enough that you don't miss a specific item if someone doesn't list it fully, however not so generic that you get an email everyday with all of the new items. For example, if I wanted to be notified when a BGS graded 1975 Topps Mini of Gary Carter is listed I would put in "(1975, 75, rc, rookie) topps mini BGS* g* carter". The asterisk is a wildcard, as some people will spell things out and others abbreviate things. The parentheses are used as an OR function, so if any of the words listed in parentheses and separated by a comma are in the title I will get a hit. Here is how to do it on eBay.

To save a search:
1. From the top of any page, enter the item you're looking for in the search box, and then click the Search button.
2. On the search results page, click the Save search link near the top of your results.
3. The Save this search box appears with a suggested name for your search and the option to receive email notifications when new items match your search. Clear the Email me daily when new items match my search check box if you don't want to receive notifications.
4. Click the Save button. Your search will be saved on your My eBay page.

I only posted this on the baseball forum, but if enough people think it is useful I can copy it to the other forums.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: eBay helpful tip for searching
If you do this on the bay app it will send a notification to you phone.

Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

very helpful
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

I think I have some gypsy queen mini's laying around that I bought last year. I will do some checking and get back with you. Are you doing black and red backs?

(03-26-2012, 10:07 PM)beginesj Wrote: If you do this on the bay app it will send a notification to you phone.

(03-26-2012, 10:07 PM)beginesj Wrote: If you do this on the bay app it will send a notification to you phone.
WHICH IS THE GREATEST THING EVER

[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

(03-27-2012, 04:48 PM)bwhorton Wrote: I think I have some gypsy queen mini's laying around that I bought last year. I will do some checking and get back with you. Are you doing black and red backs?
I will be as soon as I finish the base. However if find something in my org you need LMK.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball