`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.

RE: My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.
This whole thing really bothers me to no end. Have been reading but have not posted until now.

I traded with Jake 5 different times and all went just fine. What is bothering the %$#& out of me is the fact that we also had corresponded quite a bit through PM's over the last six months and the more we typed back and forth, the more things did not seem to "add up"...I feel as though I could have, or should have, said something...but how does one say "gee folks I dunno bout this guy"...

Something about his typing just struck me as though it had to be a kid.

Also ~ it sure looks like N.E. Ohio is well represented on these boards. Cuyahoga Falls checking in...

Worried might have been a bad word choice by me. I am just going to be overly cautious. I hope you guys get your cards/cash back somehow and the ahole gets what's coming to him. Jail time
[Image: NastyNate.jpg]

[quote='ande_23' pid='1959729' dateline='1332859224']
This whole thing really bothers me to no end. Have been reading but have not posted until now.

I traded with Jake 5 different times and all went just fine. What is bothering the %$#& out of me is the fact that we also had corresponded quite a bit through PM's over the last six months and the more we typed back and forth, the more things did not seem to "add up"...I feel as though I could have, or should have, said something...but how does one say "gee folks I dunno bout this guy"...

Something about his typing just struck me as though it had to be a kid.

Yea man. I felt the same way as Jakelovescards was always pm'ing me and sending me free stuff. I would talk with him alot. He was so happy that I made him a banner. Even though I said it looked like crap he loved it. He would call me his friend and checked in on me when I was out with severe tooth pain. I couldn't believe what I was reading. This person "Jake" talked to me about work. He told me he worked in the oil and gas field. He said it was his father in laws business. He was a truck driver delivering parts to job sites. Well being the P.I am found someone on facebook who has the same likes as Jakelovescards. He also has a company listed which is in the oil and gas bussiness in Wyoming. Just like he told me. Which makes me believe that this is 100% not a child but the man in the profile. Maybe his name is jake,but not sure. Do I think it was his kids?? NO! A child would get scared and would've contacted Derek immediately after hearing about cops and pressing charges. This is a grown man. Maybe in a tough position by reading all the "Donation" sites made for the mother of his kids. Notice all of them have no funds donated,and even claims they are missing treatments due to paying house bills. I have been searching online and past threads from him on here. I can tell you something isn't adding up. I feel he started off cool,lied about being married. Didn't lie about health issues. Mabe ran into trouble with all the bills and he saw this as a better option to lets say "Drug dealing"..I don't know. What gets me is why not ask the boss "ex father in law" he always said he was super rich!
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Haven't posted until now either. However, I have been reading in stunned silence for the last couple of days. I'm shocked by magnitude of this scam and just wanted to say that I hope everything works out for all the guys that were taken. Even though the incident itself is disturbing, it is still nice to see the community show its support. Hope you guys get resolution soon.
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

Just filed the ic3.gov report
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

My post was deleted from the other thread but I just want to reiterate that this whole scenario makes me feel sick to my stomach and I hope that everyone involved gets their due, be it good or bad. Sorry you guys got scammed. Big time suck.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Sorry so many people lost out on this scam. I looked back and and I declinded a trade from him a little over a week ago, although it was no where near the value as it was like maybe a $50 trade. It makes me feel food about this site the way everyone comes together in a crisis and really is like a family. Everyone had so much support when my wife was having problems and I commend all the good members on here. After all this is over I hope we can return to some good trading and this one bad egg doesn't hurt us too bad. I just completed 2 trades and im determined not to make him lose my faith for the true friends I've made, and will make on this site. I just hope he is got before he can do something like this again on another site.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(03-27-2012, 09:16 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Am I the only one who is a little worried about trading right now?
The fact that this one person pulled such a horrific scam on our community is not gonna make me afraid to trade. One idiot is nothing compared to all the great traders on here. We have a great community of people here and i'm proud to be part of it. Look at how we are all coming together. That shows by itself what type of place this is. I've made almost 500 trades now and this is the second time i've gotten taken for. That's like .005% of getting ripped off over 500 trades. I think thats pretty darn good.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(03-27-2012, 11:12 AM)kata78 Wrote: The fact that this one person pulled such a horrific scam on our community is not gonna make me afraid to trade. One idiot is nothing compared to all the great traders on here. We have a great community of people here and i'm proud to be part of it. Look at how we are all coming together. That shows by itself what type of place this is. I've made almost 500 trades now and this is the second time i've gotten taken for. That's like .005% of getting ripped off over 500 trades. I think thats pretty darn good.
I clarified the worried part of my statement above. I am just going to be more cautious than usual. You are right that I won't let one idiot ruin it.

(03-27-2012, 11:12 AM)kata78 Wrote: The fact that this one person pulled such a horrific scam on our community is not gonna make me afraid to trade. One idiot is nothing compared to all the great traders on here. We have a great community of people here and i'm proud to be part of it. Look at how we are all coming together. That shows by itself what type of place this is. I've made almost 500 trades now and this is the second time i've gotten taken for. That's like .005% of getting ripped off over 500 trades. I think thats pretty darn good.
I've been trading online for 10 years now through my website and have traded with 480 different people to date and have only been ripped off twice. I've had thousands of trades as I've traded with many of those people multiple times. I've never traded with this member. The fact is that this is not a common occurrence at all. We just found a bad apple. It's too bad that there are some out there and you can't always see them coming.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html