`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion with a buyer.

Confusion with a buyer.
So after my 5 box blaster break over a week ago, I threw a few things on the bay to recoup some of the money. I took all 64 base that I got out of the blaster that I didn't need for my set and listed them with the following title:

2010-11 Rookies and Stars 64 base card lot (LeBron, Kobe, Jerry West, RC)

In the description of the auction, I listed all 64 cards that were in the lot. Well, a user bid on it at $0.99 and it eventually sold to the same person at $4.25 with $5.00 shipping (that's what the calculated shipping said, not me). Probably less than an hour after the auction was over, I received two messages from the user:

Message 1
eBay user Wrote:missing cards?
Message 2
eBay user Wrote:i don't want this no rookies, 2nd year rookies you pull good cards out, list is incomplete
My response
xstreaminsanity Wrote:I don't know what you mean by the list is incomplete. I bought a blaster which had 10 packs with 8 cards per pack. From the box, there were a few inserts, two rookies, many base and a few cards I needed for my PC. I listed one of the rookies (Lin) with another card on another auction, all of the inserts and parallels together in another auction, and all of the base I didn't need (64 in all) in the auction you bid on. In the description of the item, I listed all 64 cards that were in the lot. I only posted one image, showing the best cards from the lot. I don't understand why you would say I "pull good cards out". So I ask you, do you want the cards that I had listed in the description or should I re-offer it to the previous bidder? It's your call"
Response to my response
eBay user Wrote:re-offer it to previous bidder
Ok, so not only did he win this item (64 base card lot), but he also won the insert lot as well. He had requested a sum for both and I hadn't gotten a chance to do it yet because I needed to find out how to remove him from the 64 card base lot. Well, I just received payment from him this morning for both auctions totaling $15.16 ($4.25 w/ $5.00 shipping, $2.76 w/ $3.15 shipping, he's in Canada).

I had already posted the 64 base card lot for second chance offer to the previous bidder for 3 days. Also, this is my first time with calculated shipping (normally just charge $2.50).

Anyways, what should I do about this? Should I refund them the $9.25 automatically? Since they've already paid for it, should I just send them to that person? I'm going to message them again and ask them their preference, but I'm not sure what to do when an item has been put out there for a second offer, paid for the person who said they didn't want them, and not get shammed in the process. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Confusion with a buyer.
I'm just gonna make a snap judgment about your buyer, largely based on his/her lack of grammar/complete sentence ability. Probably a flat-out inability to understand on his end that you are now on the hook for. Welcome to the 21st century.

I've been fortunate to not run across this yet as a seller on eBay, though I've only sold a couple of items. Looks like you are less lucky. Sorry Xstream!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

So he paid for it then said he didnt want it? Did the guy that you send the second chance offer to pay as well?
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-26-2012, 10:41 AM)robd5811 Wrote: So he paid for it then said he didnt want it? Did the guy that you send the second chance offer to pay as well?
No, he said he didn't want it yesterday, said to offer it to the previous person, so I did. Then this morning, he pays for it. I have not received a payment from the person I sent the second chance offer to.
(03-26-2012, 10:40 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I'm just gonna make a snap judgment about your buyer, largely based on his/her lack of grammar/complete sentence ability. Probably a flat-out inability to understand on his end that you are now on the hook for. Welcome to the 21st century.

I've been fortunate to not run across this yet as a seller on eBay, though I've only sold a couple of items. Looks like you are less lucky. Sorry Xstream!
Well that's what I don't understand. If he paid for them, I think I should send them to him. That way I don't get the "Oh, well I didn't get my items" stuff. But I've already sent him a message asking him if he really wants them. Hopefully, since he made the payment not that long ago he'll be likely to answer soon so I know what to do. Just a very awkward situation.

If you can retract second-chance offers I say do that and then send the cards since he paid for them. Otherwise I don't know!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Tough spot..i would wait on sending it though till you get an answer..the buyer is obviously an idiot
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-26-2012, 11:07 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Tough spot..i would wait on sending it though till you get an answer..the buyer is obviously an idiot
+1

Don't automatically refund his money, but also don't send him the cards if he didn't want them.

Technically, the buyer was confuse and eventually ending up wanting the item. If he paid for it, you should send it to him. As for the second chance offer, if that person you sent it to has not accepted it, you can cancel the the auction and you don't lose anything. That's how I've dealt with auctions I had second chance offers I've given. As long as no one else has purchased the auction you can cancel it.

(03-26-2012, 11:28 AM)kct1 Wrote: Technically, the buyer was confuse and eventually ending up wanting the item. If he paid for it, you should send it to him. As for the second chance offer, if that person you sent it to has not accepted it, you can cancel the the auction and you don't lose anything. That's how I've dealt with auctions I had second chance offers I've given. As long as no one else has purchased the auction you can cancel it.
You should do this here.
IMO.... I have plenty of seller feedback under close to the same handle on ebay. ( got_watcha_want )

Cancel the second chance offer and send that dude the cards with DC. Then have him pay the return shipping (with DC) if he doesn't want them. You will have seller protection with paypal as long as you use DC when shipping.

He can't get you for the cards or money, but your feedback can always take a hit no matter what you do with this kind of buyer. That is just how the game is played with ebay.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

My message to him:
xstreaminsanity Wrote:I had already listed the lot for second chance offer when I received your payment for both items you won. Question is, do you want these now or do you want a refund for the base card lot? I was trying to figure out how to remove you from being the winner of the lot so you didn't have to pay for it. Let me know what you want to do. Thank you for your business.
His response:
eBay user Wrote:Refund just playing nice man don't need strikes if you can second offer still go ahead
Ty again