`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion with a buyer.

RE: Confusion with a buyer.
Could someone PM me with the contact information for the bay? I'm at work and unable to get on said site (government facility). Is there a phone number where it's easy to reach them?

Unfortunately, I had already left him feedback after payment saying "Thank you for your business and fast payment." Now I wish I would have read jpleazme805's post first, would have been a better option.

I think I am more inclined just to send him the cards, refund a little back for shipping (I think $8.15 is high for 68 cards going to Canada, but never shipped overseas through PayPal). But I'll do that after talking to eBay's help line because I don't want him to say we agreed to something in the messages and then I did the opposite. I don't know if he can open a case for it and change his feedback.

I also really don't understand why some people don't read the description. I don't think I've sold more than 85 cards in one lot, but even lots those large, I include every card that is in the lot. I include the number of the card, first and last name, and any subset markers (CL, TC, etc.). I do that for a reason. Whenever I buy something, I always check the description because there are so many people that put the wrong words into the title. I don't know, while I love eBay, it disgusts me (well, some of it's users really) in the same breath.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Canada isn't exactly overseas. But you might find that the shipping charged is actually low, not high. He cannot change his feedback to damage you. You are allowed to amend your feedback, but you cannot change a positive to a negative, it only goes the other way. Just send him the cards, he paid for the item. He would never win any case he opened based on his communications with you up to this point.

(03-26-2012, 10:33 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: He left you feedback and it was positive. That was the only concern I would have had. Send him the cards with DC and be done with it. He can't do anything that will negatively affect you at this point. He won, he paid, he even left feedback. Done deal, send the cards.
+1
i would like to say, not all a canadians are like that guy

(03-27-2012, 11:46 AM)afff Wrote: +1
i would like to say, not all a canadians are like that guy
Oh I know they aren't. I've traded with greekgoony a few times and he's in Canada. Great guy.

Jason, PM sent..

I'd recommend not leaving feedback as a seller until cards are delivered. I used to not leave feedback until buyer left it, but I found it takes forever or buyer never leaves feedback... but then again.. no feedback is better than bad feedback...

Hope you can get some guidance from ebay.. more likely, I think they will give you a vague answer.. Most people that work customer service don't care about their job or helping people out. They are only there to collect a paycheck.. I got this a lot when serving in the Navy.

good luck
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

[quote='jpleazme805' pid='1959974' dateline='1332877432']
Jason, PM sent..

I'd recommend not leaving feedback as a seller until cards are delivered. I used to not leave feedback until buyer left it,

This is just wrong, you are supposed to be leaving feedback on one side of the transaction, not waiting to see wait feedback you get. That is called hijacking or blackmailing through feedback.

Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

It was called feedback extortion on a previous thread.

I usually don't do it...., but I have.

Different strokes for different folks. This should not be a huge issue, it is the equivilent of jay walking when comparing it to other ebay offenses.

Sure most consider it wrong, but do it anyway to "CYA" (COVER YOUR _SS).

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(03-27-2012, 03:45 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: [quote='jpleazme805' pid='1959974' dateline='1332877432']
Jason, PM sent..

I'd recommend not leaving feedback as a seller until cards are delivered. I used to not leave feedback until buyer left it,

This is just wrong, you are supposed to be leaving feedback on one side of the transaction, not waiting to see wait feedback you get. That is called hijacking or blackmailing through feedback.
I always leave good feedback if seller pays fast. I've only left bad feedback a few times, because sellers were horrible... as a seller, I wait until the buyer receives the card. then leave feedback... that way I know it was delivered & use "awaiting feedback" button as a tool to remember to go back & check which cards were received & which were not..

Even if I receive negative or bad feedback, I'd still leave good feedback if buyer paid fast or had good communication... It is not ethical to "blackmail" through feedback. Other buyers/sellers can catch onto this type of feedback very quickly.. most buyers don't read all the feedback that a seller receives... you have to read between the lines if you want to really understand the buyers intentions...

---------

My situation with a buyer right now. I sold a Toni Kukoc Preferred prime patch auto/25.. it's been 4 days since auction ended. Buyer hasn't paid yet. He hasn't responded to the invoice I sent him within minutes of auction ending. It is an international buyer.

Going to wait until 7 days, nonpayment, then cancel auction.

What I don't get, is this buyer keeps bidding on Toni Kukoc perferred prime patch cards, even though he already won the one I had listed.

buyer: i***a (1111)
lost Item number: 160763893921 (3/18/12)
won Item number: 130666839509 (3/24/12)
lost Item number: 160771748481 (3/28/12)

Funny part is the two listings he lost are the exact same card. Serial # 02/25. I suspect seller is looking for cheap cards to flip.. he has a Jeremy Lin auto that he won.. got graded, & trying to flip.. this is the 3rd international buyer that buys cards, grades & tries to flip.. sometimes that type of gamble doesn't pay off very quickly..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

This explains why Canadiens are the brunt of so many jokes on South Park. I would have told the guy to pay up or receive bad feedback for being an idiot that is unable to understand a description of an auction.

I spoke with eBay yesterday and they told me to refund him, that the messages back and forth (since they were only on eBay) were enough for my protection. The lady from eBay was very nice and thorough.