`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
97-98 Rubies Set

97-98 Rubies Set
I am putting together the 97-98 Rubies set. Let me know if anyone has any....
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

RE: 97-98 Rubies Set
a few.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Sounds like an expensive proposition Smile Good luck, those cards are beautiful!!
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(03-25-2012, 09:29 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Sounds like an expensive proposition Smile Good luck, those cards are beautiful!!
+1000!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I have 43 of the 250 so far. I am part owner of the Kobe #23 (just need to buy out the other owner), so really only 3 other biggies to get (Kobe 226, Jordan 235 and Jordan 29). I figure If I can do a couple a month then I can finish it in ohhhh 4 years!

You are part owner in a basketball card? Thats a new one for me.

(03-26-2012, 02:22 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: You are part owner in a basketball card? Thats a new one for me.
I bought a high end collection with another individual, we are in it 50/50. Our plan is to hold onto until we feel the right time to sell an individual card. The collection totaled 40 cards. We are in it at about $250 a card. We have sold 8 so far and selling the rest as we see fit.

(03-26-2012, 03:41 PM)sonnyday Wrote: I bought a high end collection with another individual, we are in it 50/50. Our plan is to hold onto until we feel the right time to sell an individual card. The collection totaled 40 cards. We are in it at about $250 a card. We have sold 8 so far and selling the rest as we see fit.

Investing in a product with another individual is not a new concept, so I am not sure how it's new to you unless you been living under a rock.
Then I've been living under a rock as well. Smile I've heard of partners for companies that make products, but not for a particular item/product. Imagine 5 guys getting together and pooling there money together to buy a pristine Jordan RC. Who maintains possession? And isn't it the goal to eventually buy the others out so you reap the benefits? I think it's very cool though, but $250 a card. What was in that collection? That must have been one amazing collection.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

sorry don't got any. good luck on your chase...

I am looking for Andrew Bogut #77 Elite Black Box base /99. Last one for my set.

I tried to put together insert sets when I was younger... my friend & I would decide on what sets to chase.. had to be a large dollar value set... this was back in 1992-94... we were 12-14 yrs old... we decided who is going to buy what cards.. or trade each other so we would have 50/50 ownership.. we would split the cards down the middle on who keeps what cards at their house.. once the set was complete, we'd sale or trade it.. usually trade for cards we wanted for our PC.. we would split the money 50/50...

the biggest set we put together back then was 92-93 Magic's All RC Team & Ultra All Defensive Team, which had the MJ for a pretty penny back then.. my friend pulled two MJ "all defensive".. I traded him my Scottie Pippen RC for one.. then the second one, he kept total value, while we split the value of the rest of the cards, when we wanted to sale it for more packs of cards, which was kinda stupid. I should of tried to buy him out... since he didn't collect as much as me..

I did buy most of his cards in high school.. when he didn't want them anymore.. I went back & chased the rest of the cards to complete both sets when I started collecting again in April 2007...

I have heard in another forum about collectors online, that knew each other for a few years, poll their cards together to complete sets... I think the last set I seen multiple collectors try to complete was Topps Signature 2008-09 auto set... this was before I chased it myself... never did look if they completed it or broke the set up... now, these were collectors that have been around forever, at least that is what it seemed like. I'd never try to complete a set like that with people that I don't know in person.. even your best friend can move on you in the middle of the night & take the cards with him.. then you'd be screwed.

I do see collectors that know each other go in on buy a "lot" & breaking it up or sale for a gain.. There are a few baseball players that go to my favorite LCS that buy boxes or cases together.. saves them money, then they split the cards... then break down the "hits" they pull.. each person keeps what they pulled, then the trading begins until the dollar value or player selection is fair...

just my two cents..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*