`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Tale Of Week's Past

RE: A Tale Of Week's Past
hey Randi. Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Some nice pick ups you got there. Hope they make everything alittle easier for you. Good luck and best wish to you and your family!

(03-25-2012, 05:05 PM)DaveyC Wrote: hey Randi. Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Some nice pick ups you got there. Hope they make everything alittle easier for you. Good luck and best wish to you and your family!
Thanks for the kind words, Dave! I would like to put them forward to the family of he who is gone, though. Thank you!

Randi

its hard to deal with stuff like that and i'm glad to hear that you have a great support team at home but it is always nice to have something like card collection to pull you away and relax from all that goes on in our lives

by the way those are great pick ups and like i said before i love the lookes of the "scratching the surfaces" autos

(03-25-2012, 05:46 PM)afff Wrote: its hard to deal with stuff like that and i'm glad to hear that you have a great support team at home but it is always nice to have something like card collection to pull you away and relax from all that goes on in our lives

by the way those are great pick ups and like i said before i love the lookes of the "scratching the surfaces" autos
Thank you for the encouraging words. My support is only a handful of people, but their impact is huge! Collecting is my great relaxing point, and I am glad to have it!

Thanks for the compliments on the pick-ups, too! I love the STS as well, and I hope that I am able to do as well this year as last. AND I am hoping that Panini has released all of them... but the sporadic numbering leads me to believe otherwise! Thanks for stopping by!

Randi

First of all Randi I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. That is horrible. My best friend lost his uncle to suicide about a year ago and I helped him get through it. It was extremely rough for him and his family, especially his mom. It was her only brother.

Second of all those are some great pick-ups and if you are interested in trading I'd be interested in the Roy you picked up FT. If you aren't interested right now that is completely understandable Smile
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(03-26-2012, 09:21 AM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: First of all Randi I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. That is horrible. My best friend lost his uncle to suicide about a year ago and I helped him get through it. It was extremely rough for him and his family, especially his mom. It was her only brother.

Second of all those are some great pick-ups and if you are interested in trading I'd be interested in the Roy you picked up FT. If you aren't interested right now that is completely understandable Smile
Thanks Mike, and good on you for helping your friend out! It's always great to see that people still have integrity and hearts towards their fellow man! I have felt, well too often, that I was alone and not cared for even though I have an amazing support in my family. Now I have opened my mind,a nd found that this support runs further than I had ever thought. It's truly a blessing to know this community here!

I am up for trading, but the Roy is in the work right now. I will let you know if a deal happens or not, and thanks for the interest in trading!

Randi

I missed this before but a couple of things.

1 - Great looking cards, especially the Ranford auto. I love seeing WHL cards. The Courtnall auto is pretty sweet too!

2 - More importantly, you have my condolences. I'm not going to say "I know what youre going through" but I do think I have an idea. 6 or 7 years ago a very good friend of mine did the same thing. It was really tough to get over. It wasn't until I moved to Calgary, drank and smoked $1400 away and moved back home that I got a handle on it. It wasn't just the fact he was gone, I'd been to 7 funerals before that (I was 19 at the time), I understood people pass away. As I tend to put it "Dying is just another part of growing up" and I believe that wholeheartedly.
With that said when someone decides to take their own life, it makes no sense. You can justify it and explain it, but you'll never fully understand it. If you need to talk don't hesitate to pm me for a chat of sorts.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com