`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Box 2011-12 Series II, 1 Box 2004-05 Series I (High Gloss #/5)!

1 Box 2011-12 Series II, 1 Box 2004-05 Series I (High Gloss #/5)!
Today I had the chance to stop by the Bossa Show here in Edmonton. Even though the autograph guests did not thrill me whatsoever and most of the dealers were selling only brand new 2011-12 cards or stuff pre-1990, I still managed to pick-up a couple of boxes of product for some breaking fun, and I also got to meet some fellow members on here, including Gomaz. Just because I collect GU memorabilia and my two PC players exclusively doesn't mean that I cannot have some opening fun, right?

Anyways, here are the break-aroos!

2011-12 Upper Deck Series II. I chose this because I heard so many great things about the product and because I cannot stand Panini, nor any of their products.

Here are the better hits from the box, not mind-blowing. The hits I got, including the ones pictured and non-pictured include (Brayden McNabb YG, Andy Miele YG, David Rundblad YG, David Ullstrom YG, Louis LeBlanc YG, Frederic St. Denis YG, Viatcheslav Voynov Canvas YG, Sidney Crosby Canvas, Sean Couturier MVP RC, Brett Connolly OPC RC, Ryan Nugent Hopkins Victory RC, Travis Moen UD Exclusives (#61/100), Macus Kruger Rookie Breakouts (#81/100), Jeff Carter Game Jersey, Mika Zibanejad Rookie Materials, and a boatload of inserts, Victory RCs and OPC RCs)

[Image: 201011udseries2.jpg]

Now onto a superior break in every sense of the word. 2004-05 Upper Deck has been a favorite of mine since it was introduced.

You can never get a dud in any of these boxes, each one is jampacked with excellence and today's break of it was no exception. The hits, excluding one which will be left for the last section of this post (Hobey Baker YG, James Norris YG, Mike Keenan YG, Brennan Evans YG, Gary Thorne YG, Steve Yzerman YG!, Mark Messier YG Canadian Exclusives (#5/25)!, Al Macinnis Canadian Exclusives (#22/50), Phillipe Sauve Youngstars Swatches, and Jose Theodore Swatch of Six)

[Image: 0405ud.jpg]

And let's not forget this beast. Say what you will about Hall-of-Famer Joe Nieuwendyk, but you can never ever go wrong with a hit like this:

BOOM! 2004-05 Upper Deck High Gloss: Glossy Gold (#1/5) Joe Nieuwendyk

[Image: nieuwendykhg1.jpg]

So all-in-all, it was a good day. The box breaks made up for the somewhat bitter taste that the show left in my mouth.

RE: 1 Box 2011-12 Series II, 1 Box 2004-05 Series I (High Gloss #/5)!
Do you live in Edmonton? Are you going to the Summit Series Show in June?

Bruce - Im interested in the Crosby canvas if its available buddy!

PLMK

Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Nice breaks!
Beckett Banner

great hits Bruce

and you are so lucky that show is there! any BOSSA shows I would think be amazing to go to
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(03-24-2012, 05:11 PM)johlix Wrote: Do you live in Edmonton? Are you going to the Summit Series Show in June?
Yes, I live in Edmonton and am most certainly attending the Summit Show. They actually seem to try with their autograph guests.
(03-24-2012, 05:46 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: Bruce - Im interested in the Crosby canvas if its available buddy!

PLMK
For you, it is definitely available. Send me a PM and we'll talk!

Love the Nieuwendyk - great guy on & off the ice.

Is the Ullstrom FT?

Not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK