`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam
Yeah I just got off with Paypal and a dispute is filed. He has until Sunday to refund the money and then a claim gets filed. Then he's screwed. The Internet fraud is starting an investigation too. What in the world are these guys thinking when they do this? He even built credibility on this site and now threw it away for this. I have a picture on my phone he sent too. I'm hoping Jakes wakes up and contacts me and sends the card. He could end up in jail over this and that is just silly on his part. The Post office has witnessed the package being empty as well. Now he can't reclaim the insurance either. I don't even know what else to say. What was the guy thinking?
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

WOW! That is (bleeped) up! Sorry to hear this bro, hope you get everything taken care of.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

I really hope it was an honest mistake as he has alot on his mind with his wife. But if he makes it right and applogizes I do hope you also do the same. I like both of your guys and have never had any issues with you to and he just never seemed like that type of person.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Sounds like he may be screwed as it is. Hate to say it. Once the authorities and Feds are involved, even if restitution or a refund is given, there just isn't much to spare the inevitable. Seemed like such an upstanding member of the community, but I guess not. I almost bought a card off him too. Not nearly to the extent that you did, but $$$ is $$$ be it big or small amounts. Would love to see exactly what was sent to you. I'm sure it'll put to rest the intent/ no intent debacle. Either way, best of luck to you. I hope you get it fixed. Also hope Jake lives up to his end, and if not, may the boys in blue do their job.
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

How long did you give jake to answer you before posting this and smearing his name through the mud? This should really be done through pm before you bring it to public forum. If you have been pming him with no response then disregard this post. But its a bit classless if this is an honest mistake.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(03-24-2012, 01:05 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I opened in front of the postal carrier. He called the PO immediately from his cell. An investigation is being launched. I also called my buddy whose a supervisor on the police force here in Belton. Now Internet fraud is starting an investigation. He messed up big time here. The package was 100% in tact and no evidence of tampering.

A mistake. Oops i forgot to put the redemption which comes in a case from Topps in the package and instead put another magnetic empty in its place. Oh and the cards selling for $1200. Yeah, not a mistake.
the darvish redemption i pulled didnt come in a case. It was just by itself. only the hellickson redemption came in a case...he could've made a mistake

Derek what confuses me is that you just wrote on his trade page on the 22nd and its only the 24th did you try and contact him first? Just seems really fast the throw him under the bus as you could of given atleast a few days to respond say till atleast Suday afternoon. I can see where your coming from to as well because I would be pissed spending money to get something and it being empty. So I don't fault you for how your feeling but it just seems quick that your posting this and this could affect his trade and sales here for a long time and it could of been an honest mistake. I am waiting for him to respond though and hopefully it was just a mistake.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(03-24-2012, 01:52 PM)Krangry Wrote: How long did you give jake to answer you before posting this and smearing his name through the mud? This should really be done through pm before you bring it to public forum. If you have been pming him with no response then disregard this post. But its a bit classless if this is an honest mistake.
agreed. you should always give the guy a few days to respond

(03-24-2012, 02:12 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Derek what confuses me is that you just wrote on his trade page on the 22nd and its only the 24th did you try and contact him first? Just seems really fast the throw him under the bus as you could of given atleast a few days to respond say till atleast Suday afternoon. I can see where your coming from to as well because I would be pissed spending money to get something and it being empty. So I don't fault you for how your feeling but it just seems quick that your posting this and this could affect his trade and sales here for a long time and it could of been an honest mistake. I am waiting for him to respond though and hopefully it was just a mistake.
agreed with also!

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I just made a big trade with him for a George Bush autograph, I hope it comes in. Not good, Not good. I am a bit scared at this point. I am keeping my fingers cross.

I really hate to see this post. I have dealt with Jake alot. The guy is a real nice dude. He sends me stuff all the time. I honestly feel this was a mistake. Derek I know you are upset bro and have every right to be. Maybe Jake wasn't paying attention and placed a plastic in the package and didn't look to see it was empty. I hate to think he scammed you. He likes you! I had times where i'd pull a magnetic out of my box thinking it was something and was empty. It could happen. Maybe just got really distracted. Either way I hope it works out for the both of you and all turns out okay.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.