`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pack Searching

Pack Searching
so i was at my local walmart today with my kids. so as we were leaving i happen to glance and see this older guy at the baseball cards searching the packs. he was going through all the rack packs and the individual packs of the Heritage. i looked over again and he saw me and i started shaking my head. he then proceeds to say, " what?. i then told him politely that dont u think its unfair that u are searching these cards and pulling all the good ones and not leaving them for the younger kids, like me and my daughter. he then says, well u are not purchasing any now. i was like, my point is ur are ripping off the younger kids who get an allowance and purchase these cards in hoping to get great cards. he then tells me to mind my business and then i tell him he has no class. i walk away and the yells and me and flips me the bird with my 2 girls there in front of me. that is very sad.

RE: Pack Searching
some people have no class

(03-23-2012, 04:59 PM)afff Wrote: some people have no class
+1
[Image: vgh3p.png]

I wish they could figure a way that pack searchers can not find the good hits.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

A dummy card in every pack would end some of it.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

or they could make every card with a BV over 5 bucks a redemption... Just kidding of course. Sorry your girls had to witness the tragic display of an adult that obviously cares only about himself and his personal gain.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

Take your kids to a local card shop instead and invest in mom and pop instead of Walmart and Target.

The thing about pack searching now days is yeah you can tell which packs have special cards or what not but you still don't until you open it if you have a Pujols or say David DeJesus. From my experience retail isn't where the vast majority of the really valuable cards end up anymore so searching through a dozen or so hangers isn't going to score you that big $100+ card like it might have. Not saying it doesn't happen from time to time just doesn't happen as much as it once did.

If you want the big dollar cards you have to spend the big dollars on cases or sealed boxes not these generic displays every retail store has that hold 100 or so loose packs.

(03-23-2012, 04:59 PM)afff Wrote: some people have no class
And another "Ditto". We think on the same wavelength!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Or perhaps he is a poor desperate soul who needs the spare change the hits bring in for him more than some kid? Or the thrill the pack searcher gets is equivalent to the joy some kid may have finding them, therefore, meaning a human got their rocks off thanks to the cards, does that slice of joy need to be taken from an old dude and given to a kid? Old guy might have a crummy life ha ha. I would have left him alone. Smile

(03-23-2012, 06:22 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Take your kids to a local card shop instead and invest in mom and pop instead of Walmart and Target.

The thing about pack searching now days is yeah you can tell which packs have special cards or what not but you still don't until you open it if you have a Pujols or say David DeJesus. From my experience retail isn't where the vast majority of the really valuable cards end up anymore so searching through a dozen or so hangers isn't going to score you that big $100+ card like it might have. Not saying it doesn't happen from time to time just doesn't happen as much as it once did.

If you want the big dollar cards you have to spend the big dollars on cases or sealed boxes not these generic displays every retail store has that hold 100 or so loose packs.
You must have missed the guy who pulled Abraham Lincoln Cut Signature from a Walmart pack in the later part of 2011 who talked about a website for pack searching and how it helped him. Thats just one example I have heard over time. I am sure its still on youtube as well.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]