`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What do you think about the keeps column?
03-23-2012, 08:25 AM
What do you think about the keeps column?
I would like to hear from you. Is the keeps column confusing to you guys? Let me know your thoughts.

Logan Fisher
Sr UI Designer
Beckett Media LLC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2012, 08:39 AM
RE: What do you think about the keeps column?
The keep column is not confusing at all. Everyone must list their cards in the have column and when somebody is not trading or selling that specific card away, then the keep column is needed to keep track of what that somebody have in his or her private collection.

The keep column helps to identify the cards in the organize from the cards that are meant to be traded or sold. It also helps in record or tracking purposes in any private collections that are printed using the beckett print option in the organize.

I will accept any corrections or any great opinions about this thread's topic. I am willing to learn.

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?
03-23-2012, 08:51 AM
I see what you are saying. The way I was seeing it is that the keeps are basically your "haves" minus your "trades". If the trade column isn't filled out then your total keeps is the total "haves" you have for that item. The keeps would still be there as a statistic and I could still see the records happening the same way as you mentioned. Does this make sense?

Logan Fisher
Sr UI Designer
Beckett Media LLC
03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Smile RE: What do you think about the keeps column?
(03-23-2012 08:51 AM)lfisher Wrote:  I see what you are saying. The way I was seeing it is that the keeps are basically your "haves" minus your "trades". If the trade column isn't filled out then your total keeps is the total "haves" you have for that item. The keeps would still be there as a statistic and I could still see the records happening the same way as you mentioned. Does this make sense?

I think it makes sense, forgive me as english is my second language. I would like to add that the haves does not mean that you are not trading or selling them, the keeps is always needed. Just like when you post a box break, the cards you pulled are the haves, the PC hits are the keeps, the non-PC hit are for trade or for sale. In the mind of the person, he has a list of haves, keeps, for trade and/or for sale. I think that the organize must work that way too. Does this also make sense?

03-23-2012, 09:10 AM
This makes sense. What if we added to ability to automatically move instances of those items into a keeps collection? I am trying to figure a good way to present this to a person that is not a avid collector also and may not understand the concept of haves and keeps. To be honest the first time I looked at it I was confused. I just recently start collecting again when I started here. There is a lot to think about so I really appreciate your time and suggestions. Lets keep the suggestions coming on this topic.

Logan Fisher
Sr UI Designer
Beckett Media LLC
03-23-2012, 09:16 AM
You have a good idea. Yup, certainly try it out to anyone you know that does not collect anything because I think that all collectors (in general) know the difference between just having it and keeping it. Collectors mostly intend to keep what they have but sometimes they need to sell in order to free some space or use the money to buy a certain item that makes their collection better, in looks and value. Trading too! Wink

03-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Anyone else?

Logan Fisher
Sr UI Designer
Beckett Media LLC
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Smile RE: What do you think about the keeps column?
(03-23-2012 09:17 AM)lfisher Wrote:  Anyone else?

I hope...

03-23-2012, 10:51 AM
(03-23-2012 08:25 AM)lfisher Wrote:  I would like to hear from you. Is the keeps column confusing to you guys? Let me know your thoughts.

It's not confusing to me. I actually like having the keeps column for organizing and trading purposes.

What is a little confusing or maybe misleading is the trade for and want columns. I don't think we need to have both of them. I understand how to use them, but if we only need one then do away with the other.

[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]
03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Yea I agree I think trade for should be a check box as well as sell and buy. The want column makes sense because you may have a card your wanting and what if you want more than one of them?

Logan Fisher
Sr UI Designer
Beckett Media LLC