`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What do you think about the keeps column?
03-23-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: What do you think about the keeps column?
I don't see what the use of keeps is since it is not connected to anything. I have a bigger issue that when you look at the "Organize - Your Collections" page across the top is the following:

Items: 00 Keeps: 00 Trade Away: 00
Haves: 00 Wants: 00 Sells: 00

The only fields that are relevant when trading are the Trade Away, and the Trade For: listings and the Trade Away heading is completely missing.The rest are not connected to anything unless you add the column to your collection and fill in the blanks.
If you listed Trade For and Trade Away there would be no need for Keeps and Wants since they are just redundant.

Ray

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Yea after going back and forth on this today I think the column is pretty useless. Though we should still have keeps as a statistic tied directly to your haves minus your trades.

Logan Fisher
Sr UI Designer
Beckett Media LLC
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
I think it would be better to just change the name to "PC" and that way people can keep track of there PC and not worry about them being marked for trade by mistake.

http://s698.photobucket.com/user/gary991979/library/
03-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I like the keeps but would be open to something new if it made sense

You were essentially proposing that keeps get automatically populated based on 1) Haves and 2) whether you check trade away or not. Is that right?

This has probably been brought up but I'd love to see a filter for Price in the trade pages so you can weed out commons and/or focus on cards in a certain range.

[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I, myself use the keeps column it helps me keep things sorted. Since the addition of the "trade for" column I have eliminated the use for the "wants" column. Personally I figure if I have cards I have marked as "trade for" than I must want those cards. I also find the "keeps" column useful because when we trade cards for example I have a card marked as; 2 "haves, 1 "keeps", and 1 "trade away" now I trade this card to another user. Now the columns for this card shows 1 "haves", 1 "keeps", and 1 "trade away" The "trade away" column no longer updates after a trade is made. This is why having the "keeps" column is important. Otherwise you may end up trading away a card you want to keep.
04-01-2012, 08:30 AM
I find the Keeps column useful. I put the number of that card that I want to keep in that column, and it's not always 1. As a set builder with side collections, sometimes I want to keep 2 or more of a particular card. That's important to me when I'm entering in a large number of cards in a collection, since I update the have column manually and then bulk fill the trade away column based on the haves, keeps and existing value in the trade away column. It's a bit complicated to explain but it's a lot faster than clicking into each of hundreds of trade away boxes and entering them manually.

Building sets, and collecting Ovechkin, Varlamov, Neuvirth, Calle Johansson and
Craig Laughlin... and now Marcus Johansson
[Image: PC-Mail_0001-2-1-1.jpg]
06-09-2012, 08:22 AM
I really am not going to typically add my pc items to the ORG. If it was added when I added in my wants I'll mark keeps 100..because if a player is still a current Pens player I dont want to have it in trades by accident...and also in most cases with current Pens I would only trade it for another current Pens card of equal value(not trading down because I rather keep them than trade a 100.00 Pens card for 3-4 lower valued Pens cards).
in some cases I rather remove PC items from my org anyway)....If I want to show fellow collectors my PC items rather use scans and let them see it rather than see a list.
06-11-2012, 08:08 PM
I use it for example I have an extra I put 1 to keep and one to trade. Just so I can keep my PC together if I only have 1 card I dont use the keep function.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]
12-24-2012, 05:08 AM
The way I see it, is that if you do not list a card as "trade away" it is automatically a "keep". I do not use the "keep" column, yet if some members find it useful, it does not bother me to have it.
03-12-2013, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 10:48 PM by hercules21.)
(03-29-2012 08:25 AM)dkotart Wrote:  I, myself use the keeps column it helps me keep things sorted. Since the addition of the "trade for" column I have eliminated the use for the "wants" column. Personally I figure if I have cards I have marked as "trade for" than I must want those cards. I also find the "keeps" column useful because when we trade cards for example I have a card marked as; 2 "haves, 1 "keeps", and 1 "trade away" now I trade this card to another user. Now the columns for this card shows 1 "haves", 1 "keeps", and 1 "trade away" The "trade away" column no longer updates after a trade is made. This is why having the "keeps" column is important. Otherwise you may end up trading away a card you want to keep.

Is this true? If you accept a trade on this website, it will only deduct from the "have" column, and not the "trade away" column? That doesn't sound right.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm trying to figure this Org interface out. IMO, you either want to "keep" a card for PC, or you're willing to "trade/sell away" the card, so I don't understand the "haves". But the default layout for the Org uses the "have" column, so that's what I used from the start to load my cards. if I trade a card away (on this site, or somewhere else), how many columns do I need to update? (the fewer the better). Wish this was more clear from the get-go, without having to dig through threads.

Completed sets:
91-92 USA: Hoops, Skybox, Impel
91-92 UD Award Winner Holograms
92-93 Topps Beam Team, TSC Beam Team, Ultra (all inserts)
93-94 TSC Beam Team, Ultra (Famous Nicknames, Inside/Outside, Rebound Kings)