`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help identifying auto

Help identifying auto
I need some help identifying 2 auto on an American League signed 1990 All-Star ball. Any help or ideas of who they might be is appreciated.

I have identified 28 of the 30 sigs so far.

S. Alomar Jr, G. Bell, W. Boggs, E. Burks, R. Clemens, D. Eckersely, C. Fielder, C. Finley, J. Franco, K. Griffey Jr, K. Gruber, O. Guillen, R. Henderson, D. Jones, M. McGwire, G. Olson, L. Parrish, K. Puckett, C. Ripken Jr, B. Saberhagen, S. Sax, D. Stieb, B. Thigpen, A. Trammell, B. Welch, and Manger - T. LaRussa, Coaches- F. Robinson & J. Lefebvre

Possibles left from 90' team: Jose Canseco, Brook Jacoby, Randy Johnson, Dave Parker

I am thinking that one of the two below is Dave Parker, but not sure.

*2nd from Bottom auto b/t Dave Stieb and Bob Welch*
[Image: 56685b_med.jpeg]

*3rd from Top auto b/t Lance Parrish and Sandy Alomar Jr*
Looks like "Dan M Key"

[Image: 56685c_med.jpeg]

RE: Help identifying auto
I think the first one is Dave Parker as you were alluding to.

Second one is definitely odd - I agree the last name looks like Key so I was thinking Jimmy Key but he wasn't part of that game and looking over the roster for that game I have no clue [Image: smile.gif]

Two photos of an Oakland A's cap - bought at a garage sale some years back in the East Bay (i.e. in a city somewhat near Oakland, CA). On the bill of this cap there's a signature that looks highly similar to the "Dan M. Key" (or whatever this may turn out to be) signature on the second photo of that 1990 AL All-Star baseball - there appear to be some obvious commonalities between the two signatures, as well as some differences:

[Image: SignatureonAscap.png]

[Image: Ascap.jpg]

There is no "Dan Key" who played for the A's, however:
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/oak/his...layers.jsp

Finally - and tangentially - there's also a second signature, more faded and difficult to decipher, on the bill of this same cap.

The A's cap is Dave McKay but he was never an All Star. Looks like him on the ball too but doesn't make sense:

[Image: 51a1iykAuML._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

If LaRussa was the manager Dave McKay was most likely one of the coaches
What my wife don't know ,doesn't hurt me!!

(06-16-2013, 04:27 PM)dddyklsann Wrote: If LaRussa was the manager Dave McKay was most likely one of the coaches
Yeah, after a bit of research I am inclined to say he was the first base coach of the 1990 All Star team.

Also, I think the other auto is Dave Duncan who was the pitching coach for the A's that year.