`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How would you rate your Local Hobby Shop?

RE: How would you rate your Local Hobby Shop?
The 2 in my area are worlds apart. The one in my town D'Angelo's has maybe 2 boxes of basketball available, no singles and alot of baseball stuff, but the shop is extremely small. The other store is like 20 mints away and its A & S Sports in westbury. I went there for the first time on sat to drop off some cards to JSA who was there. They are quite possibly the nicest cards store Ive been to in decades with alot of selection in all sports.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

My favorite LCS... youtube tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snF49qAN8...ure=colike

PJ's Sports Cards
1324 3RD AVE #3
CHULA VISTA, CA

The video is not mine, but a long time regular customer of PJ's Sports Cards. He is always doing video breaks & once in awhile, group breaks... The owner, is an older guy. Very friendly & helpful. Not much inventory for singles, he sales mostly game cards & baseball. Not too many basketball collectors pop in, but when they do, product sales like hotcakes, except the few loose packs that are left behind. I stopped buying loose packs long ago. I like my chances with boxes...

Check out the youtube video by Cisco. Subscribe & watch his future videos.. he broke a few boxes of Preferred on youtube last week. Enjoy.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(03-21-2012, 09:03 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: My favorite LCS... youtube tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snF49qAN8...ure=colike

PJ's Sports Cards
1324 3RD AVE #3
CHULA VISTA, CA

The video is not mine, but a long time regular customer of PJ's Sports Cards. He is always doing video breaks & once in awhile, group breaks... The owner, is an older guy. Very friendly & helpful. Not much inventory for singles, he sales mostly game cards & baseball. Not too many basketball collectors pop in, but when they do, product sales like hotcakes, except the few loose packs that are left behind. I stopped buying loose packs long ago. I like my chances with boxes...

Check out the youtube video by Cisco. Subscribe & watch his future videos.. he broke a few boxes of Preferred on youtube last week. Enjoy.
That place looks pretty sweet.hopefully one day I can stop by. If I'm ever in SoCal

gq... if you ever in San Diego area.. look me up. there are a quite a few card shops in San Diego area... most are not the best for basketball collectors, but if you like baseball.. there are a ton of good stuff out there. I've seen a lot of people that sell online that live in San Diego. I always try to hit them up & ask what is their favorite sports card shop in San Diego... they all say, they mostly do their buying/selling online, but they do mention a couple card shops. A huge one in down town San Diego called Centre Sports Cards & another in Clairemont. forgot the name of the shop though..

PJ's Sports Cards in Chula Vista, Ca is my favorite... I would rate it 8/10.. only because it is very small & only has 2-3 basketball boxes at a time... I always have to ask them to order me a box if I want a new product.. but prices can sometimes be high, so I have to pass... I used to buy two boxes a month from them when I first started collecting again around April 2007.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(03-21-2012, 11:28 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: gq... if you ever in San Diego area.. look me up. there are a quite a few card shops in San Diego area... most are not the best for basketball collectors, but if you like baseball.. there are a ton of good stuff out there. I've seen a lot of people that sell online that live in San Diego. I always try to hit them up & ask what is their favorite sports card shop in San Diego... they all say, they mostly do their buying/selling online, but they do mention a couple card shops. A huge one in down town San Diego called Centre Sports Cards & another in Clairemont. forgot the name of the shop though..

PJ's Sports Cards in Chula Vista, Ca is my favorite... I would rate it 8/10.. only because it is very small & only has 2-3 basketball boxes at a time... I always have to ask them to order me a box if I want a new product.. but prices can sometimes be high, so I have to pass... I used to buy two boxes a month from them when I first started collecting again around April 2007.
My sister in law just got a job down there so maybe I'll be going down there in the next year.. I just got baseball and football cards today my first boxes ever so it's exciting to see the new things other then basketball. Basketball will always be my fav though

Bump. Let's hear from more people about their hobby shop...

I would rate my LCS at about a "C+" The owner and his brother know me very well. They are kind, friendly and like to talk sports. They have a nice selection of packs/wax ... basketball, baseball, football, hocky, golf, racing (not a sport IMO!), magic, pokemon, wrestling and a bunch of other non-sport stuff. But the main focus is on baseball & football. They sell a lot of mini helmets, mcfarlanes, supplies and die cast stuff. pretty nice shop overall, but the main problem I have with them is that they have the SAME overpriced cards in their showcases. They change them around once a year..... MAYBE. And its pretty much like that with the rest of the stuff. They have a lot of the same stuff, month after month, year after year. The only new thing they seem to get in on a daily basis is wax. Also, when I request to see if they can get me a certain card or item, its like pulling teeth with them. And they have binders & boxes of inserts and commons that I want to look thru, but I cant, because they're behind a bunch of inventory that hasnt been moved in the last 3 years!! GRRRRRR!!! When my LCS first started out, they werent like this. Everything was readily available, they rotated the cards in the showcases weekly. They had a bunch of bargin boxes ( .25, .50, $1, $2 & $5 bins), they used to have trade nights twice a month. They had atheletes come in to sign. Pack wars. And when I used to come in, they had a stack, sometimes a box of cards & memorabilia for me to sort thru (I used to collect Favre, Packers, Griffey Jr, Alonzo Mourning & Jordan hardcore back in the day. Mainly just Favre now). Now, its like they did a complete 180. Jmo though.

I wud love to find a shop where I can go in and ask or request something and they wud do whatever they can to find it!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

when we have one here i would have so give it a 4 out of 10

just cause the prices where to high (don't get me wrong i know that they have to kame money but theres making money and theres ripping people off) on the boxes and they would never give you deal even when you are one of the repeat customers

i guess thats why they are closed now hahahaha, so now i have to drive 2 hours to the card shop or go online to get what i want

(03-20-2012, 11:37 PM)gq1204 Wrote: So I have been to pretty much all seven stores on Oahu, and I only like 1 but when I call to ask questions for things its like they dont want to give any info out. I understand they are trying to run a business, but you would think if you helped a person out then they would want to come back to you.

Anyways What do you guys think? What things could they do better to help out customers?
Which one is your favorite on O'ahu? I used to live there and wish I could go back to pick up some more stuff. The one in Miliani was pretty good for me (I can't remember any of the owner's names). His shop was real good until he moved into a smaller location and his inventory shrunk, lol. It was another one downtown that I liked (a female owned it). The two that were near pearl ridge mall weren't that good for me. One of them changed owners and it seemed to become less interesting than it already was. The other one never had prices. It seemed like the owner went on the fly when he gave you prices for his stuff (which were kinda high compared to other places).
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]