`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Topps Tribute-Your Opinion?

2012 Topps Tribute-Your Opinion?
I think I watched at least 3 or 4 dozen video breaks of 2011 Topps Tribute and it seemed as thought the product was of much higher quality than this year's breaks.

Here are some things I've noticed
*No Dual Auto Relics
*Much Larger group of Lower Tier Autos/Relics
*Relics Bat or Jersey seem smaller

Don't get me wrong, compared to other products, Tribute is still my favorite, but I've hesitated to purchase this year's box.

What do you think?
Looking for all Notre Dame players including Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate, Kyle Mc
cARthy, Sam Young, Brady Quinn, and John Carlson

RE: 2012 Topps Tribute-Your Opinion?
i think its best to spend your money elsewhere... this product is filled with lower tier auto's... nobody cares about the GU as every product will have a GU of the player... only thing i liked was that the hits are in a case
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Just buy the singles for your pc. I was able to get 4 PC cards for less then the price of one PACK. I got 2 autos, and 2 GU.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

krangry who did u get? jay? i forget who else was in there cardinals-wise
@ OP..i think they LOOK beautiful this year, but MAN what a WEAK checklist! the GU names werent 1/2 bad but the autos..and to think i was about ready to buy a presell case and wait for prices to rise as they have on ALL OTHER TRIBUTE YEARS...man, not this year..prices are even down!

I got jay and garcia. Plan on getting a musial if i can find one where his auto is legible. Have a red schoendienst on the way, even adding that in its only a little over the price of one pack.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(03-20-2012, 04:06 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: krangry who did u get? jay? i forget who else was in there cardinals-wise
@ OP..i think they LOOK beautiful this year, but MAN what a WEAK checklist! the GU names werent 1/2 bad but the autos..and to think i was about ready to buy a presell case and wait for prices to rise as they have on ALL OTHER TRIBUTE YEARS...man, not this year..prices are even down!
I know David Freese has GU'd and I have a Matt Holliday auto coming
[Image: img358.jpg]

If you compare it to other products, Tribute has a much much lower percentage of low tier players. Tier one had way too many boxes with two 5-dollar autos. Marquee same way. I haven't seen any breaks where everyone pulls only low end autos. Plus all on-card autos is huge. And every relic I pulled had big relics. The uniform-number and position of power relics are huge. The Votto I pulled had 2 big bat pieces. All relics and autos numbered to 99 or less, unlike the /999 tier one autos. The relics have much better resale value as well, even cheap ones you can get ten bucks out of. With any product these days you're better off buying singles, but if you just have to bust wax, Tribute's way more worth your money than any other high-end product these days.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(03-20-2012, 05:49 PM)dlcarst Wrote: If you compare it to other products, Tribute has a much much lower percentage of low tier players. Tier one had way too many boxes with two 5-dollar autos. Marquee same way. I haven't seen any breaks where everyone pulls only low end autos. Plus all on-card autos is huge. And every relic I pulled had big relics. The uniform-number and position of power relics are huge. The Votto I pulled had 2 big bat pieces. All relics and autos numbered to 99 or less, unlike the /999 tier one autos. The relics have much better resale value as well, even cheap ones you can get ten bucks out of. With any product these days you're better off buying singles, but if you just have to bust wax, Tribute's way more worth your money than any other high-end product these days.
I agree in that Tribute is my favorite product compared to all the crap out there, but compared to last year, I havent' enjoyed the breaks as much. I do like how Topps has went to great lengths to protect their autos and jersey cards with cases!
Looking for all Notre Dame players including Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate, Kyle Mc
cARthy, Sam Young, Brady Quinn, and John Carlson

(03-21-2012, 12:18 PM)fightingirish913 Wrote: I do like how Topps has went to great lengths to protect their autos and jersey cards with cases!
I like the idea however a tacky sticker that partially covers the edge of the card was a bad idea...also the case of my Mays bat card has a big scratch on the inside of the case. Not sure how that happened but seems like Topps will replace the case if I send it in. Of course I didn't get a definitive answer when I emailed them...but we'll see.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

2010 and 2011 tribute were stellar products. Tons of hall of farmers and big names. 2012 Tribute doesn't hold it's weight on previous years.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]