`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Grading question

BGS Grading question
I have two Micheal Phelps leaf r&s autos that i really think i need to get graded. Both appear to be in great conditon Sharp corners, Clean edges smooth surface ect. If these come back at 9 or higher It would definately be worth it. I am nervous though as I have never sent cards to be graded before and since they are not serial numbered I am extremely nervous that i wont get the same cards I sent (paranoid) I know

I have a few question

1) when sending the cards to be graded i hear people mention that they "clean" the surface? How do you do that without scratching the card. Dumb question i know but what do you use? Cloth? Compressed air? Blow on it... LOL

2) On one card i do notice that on the surface of the sticker (not the auto) there is a slight smudge on one which could be cleaned but how much does that affect the surface grade? Rest of the actual card is pristine.

3) what is the best way to send the card and protect it? I would rather bring it personally for grading but i am thinking that is not an option.

any advice would be great as if they come back high enough and with the olympics around the bend it may pay off?

Thanks

RE: BGS Grading question
1. Micro Cloth
2. No one can give you an answer to that, it's up to the grader.
3. You can deliver them but it's in Dallas so....happy road trip.

[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(03-20-2012, 02:28 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: 1. Micro Cloth
2. No one can give you an answer to that, it's up to the grader.
3. You can deliver them but it's in Dallas so....happy road trip.
1) thanks
2) That is what i thought
3) No thanks, think ill just mail them Smile

What would you send them in? magentic holder? penny with top loader? and do I have to send certified mail?

Thanks

You can send them in anything you want but your supplies will not be returned. Insure and Delivery Confirmation is what I do. You do not have to send it certified mail. Sometimes I use top-loaders other times I use penny savers. Read Bgs grading and they will suggest how they like it sent but it's up to you.

[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Penny sleeve then Card Saver III is what I use.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Thanks

Think I will send soon