`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should These Players be in HOF

RE: Should These Players be in HOF
(03-22-2012, 05:44 PM)loyalcardinalfan Wrote: When was steriods ban from baseball? Players that used steriods before MLB ban STERIODS should have a chance to get into the HALL of FAME, Just Saying
I stopped caring about the steroids thing awhile ago and think that most of the players in the list should get in the HOF.

With that said, I don't believe it should even matter when MLB banned steroids. The law says that they were illegal for these purposes. Last I knew, the law trumped MLB's rules/non-rules every day of the week.

(03-22-2012, 05:44 PM)loyalcardinalfan Wrote: When was steriods ban from baseball? Players that used steriods before MLB ban STERIODS should have a chance to get into the HALL of FAME, Just Saying
Nov. 18, 1988 — The Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988 creates criminal penalties for those who “distribute or possess anabolic steroids with the intent to distribute for any use in humans other than the treatment of disease based on the order of a physician.”

June 7, 1991 — Commissioner Fay Vincent sends a memo to each team announcing that steroids have been added to the league’s banned list.

(03-22-2012, 05:26 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Pete Rose messed up betting on his own team or he would of been a 1st ballot. I also believe he will get in after he dies. Jose didn't have great numbers maybe a few good years but that was it. Pete Rose is being punished for something different. Though none of the guys mentioned will be 1st ballot alot of them will get in the HOF. I mean come on how can you coach a team and bet against them at the same time? I am thinking he also might the the Shoeless Joe Jackson deal as he lost on purpose to win money as well. Maybe its me but if I am on a team playing anything I am a competitor so I want to win and no one is going to pay me off to loss as I will not accept.
Pete said that he believed in his team so much that he "bet on them to win every night."

I think none will get in, i wouldnt vote for any........ but i dont vote lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(03-22-2012, 09:33 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Pete said that he believed in his team so much that he "bet on them to win every night."
Just because he says one thing dose not mean thats what actually happened. He could of bet against them and lied to save his name in hopes for the HOF one day. I am sure there is more to the story than we know.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(03-22-2012, 09:33 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Pete said that he believed in his team so much that he "bet on them to win every night."
1. he didnt bet on his team every night.
2. that means, even if he never bet AGAINST his team, it hurt his team. his managed to win the games he bet on, which could undercut the games he didnt (bullpen decisions, etc)
3. just because he says he didnt, doesnt mean it is true. afterall, he's lied about everything else for years and years and years. he was a denigrate gambler. he wouldnt bet every time on the reds, every game, because that would have been a stupid wager

I think Mark McGwire had the best chance to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing births truthNd we would have been a lot more eager to forgive him and move on. Giambi has come closest to being forthright, but what did he really say? The stupid thing is that McGwire clammed up to protect his legacy, but in doing so he tarnished it further. He could have been a real ambassador for cleaning up the game and I think would've regained Bud Selig's and the BBWA's good grace along the way. Heck, had Clemens taken the same route, everyone would've gotten past this hurdle (of not being able to vote/support a candidate who has been suspected of PED use) a lot sooner. In many voters minds (from what I read), they're just not ready to vote for the Bagwells until they have "more time" to assess their candidacy.

-when I say the "truth," I mean reveal every aspect of his own steroid use. When it began, how he was introduced, how often, the effects, etc.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*