`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated with some sellers

RE: Frustrated with some sellers
Believe me I know what you and the OP go thru. Week after week after month after month I see the same Magic cards listed from multiple sellers just sitting there. My offers go declined weekly. I have watched the same Ricky Williams $20 card be listed for $99 for 2 years now, I have offered him $50 for it 3 times and he still says no. Yes I have a desire to sell it that is why its there - but I have no desire to sell it for auction prices otherwise I would just list it as an auction. Ebay is a global advertiser, I pay my monthly fees just like every other seller there but that doesnt mean I have to take every sellers price for my item. Just because Walmart sells Tide for $4 a bottle doesnt mean Target has to. They can sell it for $8 if they want. Its consumerism. If you dont want to pay my $12 for a card that goes for auction at $4 then go buy it at auction. It doesnt mean I have to give up my card because you're frustrated you cant get it at a price that you want to pay. If you want the card bad enough then pay for it. I do. I have to on a daily basis. If you dont want to pay his prices for it then just smile and walk away.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(03-19-2012, 07:33 PM)branesergen Wrote: Believe me I know what you and the OP go thru. Week after week after month after month I see the same Magic cards listed from multiple sellers just sitting there. My offers go declined weekly. I have watched the same Ricky Williams $20 card be listed for $99 for 2 years now, I have offered him $50 for it 3 times and he still says no. Yes I have a desire to sell it that is why its there - but I have no desire to sell it for auction prices otherwise I would just list it as an auction. Ebay is a global advertiser, I pay my monthly fees just like every other seller there but that doesnt mean I have to take every sellers price for my item. Just because Walmart sells Tide for $4 a bottle doesnt mean Target has to. They can sell it for $8 if they want. Its consumerism. If you dont want to pay my $12 for a card that goes for auction at $4 then go buy it at auction. It doesnt mean I have to give up my card because you're frustrated you cant get it at a price that you want to pay. If you want the card bad enough then pay for it. I do. I have to on a daily basis. If you dont want to pay his prices for it then just smile and walk away.
Well put. I'd pay triple book if I "needed" a card. If not, I'd wait. My god - we are talking about TRADING CARDS, not milk or baby formula. If you can't buy it for what you want - pay your electric bill instead!

Sorry - I only posted this because I have been scre-wed by sellers knowing I "needed" the card - and I knew it - and was fine with it - because they had it, and I wanted it...and I wasnt going to wait.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(03-19-2012, 06:59 PM)branesergen Wrote: Not necessarily - As I stated before - I dont care if I sell it or not. Case in point - I had a Blaine Gabbert Contenders auto up on ebay. A guy messaged me saying he'll give me $30 for it since that is what they are going for at auction. I responded they are going for $30-$35 and I'm not interested in auction prices. He messaged back saying $35 to which I replied again I'm not interested in auction prices. To some that was a reasonable offer - to me it wasnt worth it. The Gabbert is worth more to me than an extra 30%. Granted he didnt offer 30% over and if he did I would have taken it because you are right it is a reasonable offer. But my point, and mind you just stirring the pot here so dont take offense lol, is that what is reasonable to you may not be to others. I have cards listed that you could offer me 50% over what they sell for and I will decline automatically with no counter simply because if you want to get me to move that card you're going to have to get pretty close to my asking price. I'm not saying you're wrong just offering up another perspective Smile
Before you sent this post I was at work and wanted to add... Stir the pot some more will ya. Man that is funny.. and I know there are always two perspectives, yours is just wrong. Smile. That is me stirring the pot. Lol
(03-19-2012, 07:13 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: To be honest, I would be frustrated with you as a seller on multiple levels. If I offer what the item sells for, then I would expect to get the item or a counter pretty close to the value the item sells for. If you list an item, you have a desire to sell it or you are wasting people's time and cluttering up the site. To counter the offer at 50% over what it sells for would make me angry/frustrated and cause a person to write a thread like this one. As a set builder, there is nothing more frustrating then seeing a card that I need week after week after week from the same seller at the same high price, knowing no one will ever buy it and then see it go up for auction and sell for pennies on the dollar of what my offer was originally. I sympathize with the thread creator.
I appreciate that coach lew. I think back in the day you and I used to both buy 2004 leaf r&s autos. Speaking of paying a bit much huh Smile. Those were rough in the beginning
(03-19-2012, 08:18 PM)ugameck Wrote: Well put. I'd pay triple book if I "needed" a card. If not, I'd wait. My god - we are talking about TRADING CARDS, not milk or baby formula. If you can't buy it for what you want - pay your electric bill instead!

Sorry - I only posted this because I have been scre-wed by sellers knowing I "needed" the card - and I knew it - and was fine with it - because they had it, and I wanted it...and I wasnt going to wait.
Not saying they dont have that right but it can still be frustrating... That was the point of my post Smile

Well I guess being wrong twice in my life isnt too bad LOL I understand the frustration. Its happened to me numerous times as well as paying 3 times book because the seller knew I needed the card. You just take the lumps and move on lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC