`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-12 hoops glossy cards

2011-12 hoops glossy cards
Does anyone know the major difference in a regular hoops cards and one that is a glossy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Trefethen

RE: 2011-12 hoops glossy cards
(03-19-2012, 03:48 PM)ctrefethen Wrote: Does anyone know the major difference in a regular hoops cards and one that is a glossy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Just the glossy finish, that's it.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(03-19-2012, 03:53 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Just the glossy finish, that's it.
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Trefethen

The easiest and most accurate was of determining whether or not you have the "Glossy" parallel is quite simple. Gently slide your thumb across the cards surface a few times. The Glossy cards will feel slick, while the regular matted ones will feel rougher. Also the Glossy variation is 4x Base HI.

(04-15-2012, 04:24 PM)JasonB20 Wrote: The easiest and most accurate was of determining whether or not you have the "Glossy" parallel is quite simple. Gently slide your thumb across the cards surface a few times. The Glossy cards will feel slick, while the regular matted ones will feel rougher. Also the Glossy variation is 4x Base HI.
+1 ... I skipped a few glossy cards when I busted a box. I think they should of made the entire set glossy & forget the matted finish... there doesn't appear to be any difference except the smooth glossy feel on the cards. the finish does look different, meaning shiny.. no other difference..

I was so excited that Hoops was brought back, but after opening one box & seeing the tons of box breaks & cards online... I am not very pleased with Hoops 2011-12.... not enough "buy back" autos... large auto check list is good, but chances of pulling an A-LIST player is very slim... not worth spending $70-90 a box... my LCS has 4 boxes at $90 each... don't think they will sale very fast... they had a box of Elite Black Box for $280... a few weeks ago I bought them at $175... wonder what brought the price back up... I thought they were dropping.. I'm done with Black Box.. only need one more card to complete the base set... (andrew bogut #77)
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(04-15-2012, 05:38 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: +1 ... I skipped a few glossy cards when I busted a box. I think they should of made the entire set glossy & forget the matted finish... there doesn't appear to be any difference except the smooth glossy feel on the cards. the finish does look different, meaning shiny.. no other difference..

I was so excited that Hoops was brought back, but after opening one box & seeing the tons of box breaks & cards online... I am not very pleased with Hoops 2011-12.... not enough "buy back" autos... large auto check list is good, but chances of pulling an A-LIST player is very slim... not worth spending $70-90 a box... my LCS has 4 boxes at $90 each... don't think they will sale very fast... they had a box of Elite Black Box for $280... a few weeks ago I bought them at $175... wonder what brought the price back up... I thought they were dropping.. I'm done with Black Box.. only need one more card to complete the base set... (andrew bogut #77)
I bought some boxes of Black Box too when Dave & Adam's had them on sale. It sounds like your LCS is WAY too high on their boxes in general. I went in to mine today to pick up some supplies and they had 4 boxes of Hoops at $60 each, but they let me have one for $50.

I was gonna pick up a couple of boxes of Leaf Best of Basketball, but they wanted $300 a pop, which I thought was too high. Then I came home and saw that they're going for over $300 a box, way more than when they first came out. I guess they're getting busted and drying up fast...

I bought 3 "Blaster" boxes for $9.99 each at Target. Only hit 1 glossy and nothing else. No inserts. What a waste of money. I should have just spent a little more cash for a Hobby box. Lesson learned: don't buy these blasters!

You can buy Hoops 2011-12 for under $58 online... my LCS has them for $90... too much for me.

I can't remember how many glossy's I got in a box. I think two.. plus two autos.. I only picked up one hobby box & decided I don't like them.. the large checklist is cool.. but too many cards of the same players & odds of getting a good "hit" is slim to none.. easier to just buy singles of the cards you want..

chasing the glossy set would be cool, but expensive.. buying singles.. better if some crazy seller listed a "lot" of 50+ glossy cards...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*