`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
searching in marketplace
03-19-2012, 09:59 AM
searching in marketplace
How about a way to search by price and a way to search by cards from our wantlist.

I think these would be beneficial to many users here.

[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2012, 08:52 AM
RE: searching in marketplace
(03-19-2012 09:59 AM)sesfan01 Wrote:  How about a way to search by price and a way to search by cards from our wantlist.

I think these would be beneficial to many users here.

There is a way to search by asking price over on the left. You can specify what range of asking price you want to filter. Also, you can now click on "Price" at the top of the price column and it will show cheapest asking price to highest. Click it again and it shows highest price first.

Also, there is kind of a way to search for cards in your wantlist now as well (although you have to do it 1 card at a time). If you are in your organize, change your layout to custom. Then when you choose your columns select "Search on Marketplace" and apply. Now when see a listing in your organize that you want, click the "Search marketplace" button on that cards line. it will open up a new window and show you if this card is available on the marketplace. I have found several cards I needed by doing this. It can be very time consuming since you have to do it one at a time, but still quicker than searching for each individual card withing the marketplace. It would be nice though if you could somehow have it show you all at once if any of the cards you have marked as wants are available.

Kyle

Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM
I would rather search my want list by bulk, not individual cards.. that would take forever & unrealistic in today's world of cyber trading of sports cards..

I would like to click one button & have my entire "want list" shown, then on the right side, the # of collectors and/or sellers there are on Beckett Database that have my want cards available. if nobody has it, then it would have an icon saying "N/A"

I can then click on each card that has inventory available for trade/buy.. & see who has it, so I can decide on which collector I want to submit a trade request to...

It would be good to be able to filter, which collectors/sellers have the most cards listed on your wants list.. that way, you can try to kill multiple needs, with one trade/transaction..

This is the most beneficial way the "want list" can be utilized to further our collections.

It would be part of the paid subscription that goes along with OPG or, if they member pay the low cost fee of just having their own Organization above 100 cards..

just a thought..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*
03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
(03-20-2012 03:15 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote:  I would rather search my want list by bulk, not individual cards.. that would take forever & unrealistic in today's world of cyber trading of sports cards..

I would like to click one button & have my entire "want list" shown, then on the right side, the # of collectors and/or sellers there are on Beckett Database that have my want cards available. if nobody has it, then it would have an icon saying "N/A"

I can then click on each card that has inventory available for trade/buy.. & see who has it, so I can decide on which collector I want to submit a trade request to...

It would be good to be able to filter, which collectors/sellers have the most cards listed on your wants list.. that way, you can try to kill multiple needs, with one trade/transaction..

This is the most beneficial way the "want list" can be utilized to further our collections.

It would be part of the paid subscription that goes along with OPG or, if they member pay the low cost fee of just having their own Organization above 100 cards..

just a thought..
You are right - that would be awesome - I was just pointing out to the OP the best alternative that currently exists. Hopefully we get something similar to what you are suggesting in the future.

88 Score Samples #72

03-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Another option for searching the Marketplace using your Want List is to go directly to a dealer's storefront. If they have any of your Wants in their inventory, you will see them appear in a zone on the storefront homepage. You have to scroll through the list and enter them into your cart individually, but it is a way to find more than one of your Wants at a time. We hope to improve on ways to find cards you have in your Want list on the Marketplace.

If you're not sure how to get to a dealer's storefront, there are a couple ways to do this. If you see the dealer's store name in the search results or on a detail page, click on it to be taken to their storefront. If you are looking for a particular dealer, you can also use the Find a Dealer zone on the Marketplace homepage. Remember that it will be looking for an exact match to what you type in.

Please keep sending in your suggestions!

Thanks,
Traci

Auction Coordinator - Beckett Auction Services
04-08-2012, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 07:50 AM by katieneack.)
Do you have any plans to be able to sort by date added? I think that would be the most useful change for me personally.

88 Score Samples #72

05-23-2013, 12:31 PM
katieneack - We plan to include a way to filter Newly Added items so that in the search results, you would only see items that had been added to the Marketplace within the past 2 weeks. You could then continue to use the filters to drill down to the cards you are looking for.

We're working on the new Marketplace homepage, and when that goes live, so should the New Items filter.

Thanks!
Traci

Auction Coordinator - Beckett Auction Services