`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Manning to Denver, ESPN reports

RE: Manning to Denver, ESPN reports
(03-19-2012, 05:36 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: multiple reports are coming out. boston globe has even said it isnt a remote possibility, but a real deal that could happen shortly. it was mcdaniels, after all, that led the charge to get the broncos to draft tebow

brady is still at least 4 years away from retirement. so it wouldnt be to groom tebow as his successor (especially when they have mallet)
No i dont think so either. I dont really want the circus it would bring, but im sure BB would like him at a TE/FB type
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

(03-19-2012, 03:06 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: everything im hearing is that tebow is being traded to new england

1. pats dont need a backup qb
2. tebow isnt a backup qb
3. ne doent need a te
4. not a lot of use for fullbacks in the belichek offense
5. linebacker?

if there is a team that is crazy and inventive enough to use tebow, it's NE, but i dont see the fit
The only place I heard this was on Jim Rome, and he said if anyone could put a package together for Tebow, it would be the Hoodie... but he followed that up with this --

Why would they take a Hall-of-Fame QB off the field to put in a package play for a backup QB?

I just don't see him going there. I still think he's gonna end up in San Francisco. I think Alex Smith is a bit PO'ed.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

The Broncos ruined him by telling him he could be a starting QB.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(03-19-2012, 05:36 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: multiple reports are coming out. boston globe has even said it isnt a remote possibility, but a real deal that could happen shortly. it was mcdaniels, after all, that led the charge to get the broncos to draft tebow

brady is still at least 4 years away from retirement. so it wouldnt be to groom tebow as his successor (especially when they have mallet)

Why wouldn't it be to groom him if he came there? 4 years? Maybe, maybe not, look what happened with Peyton. Brady has missed an entire year before. You say McDaniels pushed for Tebow in Denver. McDaniels didn't draft Tebow in Denver to switch his position, it was to play him at QB, so your argument contradicts itself.

(03-19-2012, 05:49 PM)snapp73 Wrote: Why wouldn't it be to groom him if he came there? 4 years? Maybe, maybe not, look what happened with Peyton. Brady has missed an entire year before. You say McDaniels pushed for Tebow in Denver. McDaniels didn't draft Tebow in Denver to switch his position, it was to play him at QB, so your argument contradicts itself.
Im not so sure BB would want or use Tebow as a QB
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

(03-19-2012, 05:47 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: The Broncos ruined him by telling him he could be a starting QB.

I think you meant, he ruined the Broncos' Luck plans by showing them he was a Starting QB. They did everything they could to try and ruin his chances of doing well.
(03-19-2012, 05:50 PM)patsfan129 Wrote: Im not so sure BB would want or use Tebow as a QB
I think "if" they had him, they'd groom him behind Brady, but to me they won't be the team with him in the end. I think it'll be Miami, Jags, or Philly.

(03-19-2012, 05:50 PM)snapp73 Wrote: I think you meant, he ruined the Broncos' Luck plans by showing them he was a Starting QB. They did everything they could to try and ruin his chances of doing well.

I think "if" they had him, they'd groom him behind Brady, but to me they won't be the team with him in the end. I think it'll be Miami, Jags, or Philly.
Nope, I meant what I said actually. Smile
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(03-19-2012, 05:49 PM)snapp73 Wrote: Why wouldn't it be to groom him if he came there? 4 years? Maybe, maybe not, look what happened with Peyton. Brady has missed an entire year before. You say McDaniels pushed for Tebow in Denver. McDaniels didn't draft Tebow in Denver to switch his position, it was to play him at QB, so your argument contradicts itself.
mcdaniels didnt necessarily draft tebow to be a starting qb. i think mcdaniels likes him as a football player. and BB likes guys who are versatile (see: edelman - wr, cb, kr)

and fact is, tebow, once the league figures him out - just like they did with the wildcat - will be kaput as a starting qb

his days as a qb were numbered...it was next year with denver...and thats it. period

jags: the only reason to get him is because of ticket sales. but if you dont win, it wont matter. right now they have the rookie from last year, who did decently, and henne. tebow doesnt fit there (it's about the money. too much tied up in gabbert and henne)

miami: they need a pro style qb. heir misadventure with the wildcat is long since over

philly: besides that there are no reports on this, it doesnt seem to make a ton of sense, besides some bizarre argument that andy reid is some qb genuis all of the sudden (he isnt)

bills: might make some sense, but fitz has a shiny contract and a huge cap hit

(03-19-2012, 05:54 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: mcdaniels didnt necessarily draft tebow to be a starting qb. i think mcdaniels likes him as a football player. and BB likes guys who are versatile (see: edelman - wr, cb, kr)

and fact is, tebow, once the league figures him out - just like they did with the wildcat - will be kaput as a starting qb

his days as a qb were numbered...it was next year with denver...and thats it. period
McDaniels drafted him to be a QB, you can watch the doc about tebow leading up to the draft, he saw the same drive in tebow that he saw in Brady. Thats what made him fall in love him. And this whole BB likes guys who are versatile, I believe thats true, but Edelman wasn't taken in the 1st round and played QB and won a Playoff game as a starter throwing for over 300 yards against the #1 defense at the time. Theres a difference. Tebow did more with less in Denver. They had no TE, Only 1 WR in Decker for most of the year, and Decker is a #2 on 90% of the teams in the league, and Demaryius was coming along well, and look what Tebow was able to do with a guy with some talent, he has huge passing totals to him, like the Minnesota game, hits him for the game winnning td against Pitt, hits him in the endzone against the bears in their comeback. McGahee was benefiting from Tebow's ability to keep defenses honest. Denver did more to hamper his growth, than encourage it. He played well his rookie year when he got to throw more than 10 times in a game.

(03-19-2012, 06:02 PM)snapp73 Wrote: McDaniels drafted him to be a QB, you can watch the doc about tebow leading up to the draft, he saw the same drive in tebow that he saw in Brady. Thats what made him fall in love him. And this whole BB likes guys who are versatile, I believe thats true, but Edelman wasn't taken in the 1st round and played QB and won a Playoff game as a starter throwing for over 300 yards against the #1 defense at the time. Theres a difference. Tebow did more with less in Denver. They had no TE, Only 1 WR in Decker for most of the year, and Decker is a #2 on 90% of the teams in the league, and Demaryius was coming along well, and look what Tebow was able to do with a guy with some talent, he has huge passing totals to him, like the Minnesota game, hits him for the game winnning td against Pitt, hits him in the endzone against the bears in their comeback. McGahee was benefiting from Tebow's ability to keep defenses honest. Denver did more to hamper his growth, than encourage it. He played well his rookie year when he got to throw more than 10 times in a game.
does it matter? he wouldnt be a qb in new england

he played a gimmick offense in denver. gimmicks dont last. period

look, i get it: you believe in tebow.