`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Manning to Denver, ESPN reports

RE: Manning to Denver, ESPN reports
(03-19-2012, 06:02 PM)snapp73 Wrote: he has huge passing totals to him, like the Minnesota game

I wouldn't use MN and passing totals as much of a plus cause anyone can throw on us.

[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(03-19-2012, 05:54 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: mcdaniels didnt necessarily draft tebow to be a starting qb. i think mcdaniels likes him as a football player. and BB likes guys who are versatile (see: edelman - wr, cb, kr)

and fact is, tebow, once the league figures him out - just like they did with the wildcat - will be kaput as a starting qb

his days as a qb were numbered...it was next year with denver...and thats it. period

jags: the only reason to get him is because of ticket sales. but if you dont win, it wont matter. right now they have the rookie from last year, who did decently, and henne. tebow doesnt fit there (it's about the money. too much tied up in gabbert and henne)

miami: they need a pro style qb. heir misadventure with the wildcat is long since over

philly: besides that there are no reports on this, it doesnt seem to make a ton of sense, besides some bizarre argument that andy reid is some qb genuis all of the sudden (he isnt)

bills: might make some sense, but fitz has a shiny contract and a huge cap hit

Henne's contract is 2yrs 6.75mil, that's peanuts for a starting qb, and an average backup qb salary. Gabbert's contract, 4yrs-12mil total. I'm sorry, but a lil' over 6 million tied up into 2 qbs is nothing, most teams have a qb getting paid more than that with their starter, let alone including their backup. Gabbert didn't play well, in 15 starts, only threw 12 tds to 11ints, had a 50.8% complection percentage. Not much better than Tebow's, not too mention he has more talent in Jacksonville, and still lost more games by a big margin.

(03-19-2012, 06:09 PM)snapp73 Wrote: Henne's contract is 2yrs 6.75mil, that's peanuts for a starting qb, and an average backup qb salary. Gabbert's contract, 4yrs-12mil total. I'm sorry, but a lil' over 6 million tied up into 2 qbs is nothing, most teams have a qb getting paid more than that with their starter, let alone including their backup. Gabbert didn't play well, in 15 starts, only threw 12 tds to 11ints, had a 50.8% complection percentage. Not much better than Tebow's, not too mention he has more talent in Jacksonville, and still lost more games by a big margin.
You spend a lot of time Tebowing? I bet you have many pics of it. j/k man, but seriously it's just our opinions and means about as much as yours, which is nothing. Smile
6 pages about Tebow on a Manning to Broncos thread should tell you one thing about him. He will sell some tickets wherever he goes.

Pro Set Collector

(03-19-2012, 06:05 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: I wouldn't use MN and passing totals as much of a plus cause anyone can throw on us.

Ok, even so, if he couldn't play qb he wouldn't have been able to throw even on the 26th ranked pass defense. So then I use the steelers in a playoff game, the #1 pass defense and he threw for 316.

(03-19-2012, 06:15 PM)snapp73 Wrote: Ok, even so, if he couldn't play qb he wouldn't have been able to throw even on the 26th ranked pass defense. So then I use the steelers in a playoff game, the #1 pass defense and he threw for 316.
Anyone can have a Matt Flynn day is what I would say. Smile

Pro Set Collector

(03-19-2012, 06:11 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: You spend a lot of time Tebowing? I bet you have many pics of it. j/k man, but seriously it's just our opinions and means about as much as yours, which is nothing. Smile
6 pages about Tebow on a Manning to Broncos thread should tell you one thing about him. He will sell some tickets wherever he goes.
I don't get upset over it, I just don't like when people just say he can't throw and act like he can't do anything in the NFL, when clearly he has. People can say they think he stinks, that's fine. But to say he shouldn't even be playing QB and should line up as a FB/TE, its preposterous, he got it done in the most nfl ready conference in college, and then he's gotten it done in the NFL, it just hasn't been pretty. Denver was a bad team last year, and has been for the past 2/3 years, and then Tebow leads them to a playoff win, looking at Denvers' schedule for next year, i would say barring injuries to other teams, they are a 7-8 win team again. And that's while their improving other positions from last year.
(03-19-2012, 06:18 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Anyone can have a Matt Flynn day is what I would say. Smile
I could have a Matt Flynn day in that Packer's offense. They have 3rd stringers that'd start for other teams.

when has a gimmick offense ever lasted in the modern nfl?

[Image: 33614843.jpg]

(03-19-2012, 06:30 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: when has a gimmick offense ever lasted in the modern nfl?

Who says it was a gimmick? 80% of the time they lined up and handed the ball off in conventional form with the occasional shotgun option read. Most of the time it was line up in singlback or I, and hand off on 1st,and 2nd down, then shotgun on 3rd with it either 3rd and short, then it was the option with tebow, or 3rd and long, which was most of the time because they never tried throwing on any down but 3rd. Which was just stupid, because when they did let him throw more often, the offense had a lot more flow to it.
They were setting him up to fail. But he didn't.

(03-19-2012, 06:34 PM)snapp73 Wrote: Who says it was a gimmick? 80% of the time they lined up and handed the ball off in conventional form with the occasional shotgun option read. Most of the time it was line up in singlback or I, and hand off on 1st,and 2nd down, then shotgun on 3rd with it either 3rd and short, then it was the option with tebow, or 3rd and long, which was most of the time because they never tried throwing on any down but 3rd. Which was just stupid, because when they did let him throw more often, the offense had a lot more flow to it.
They were setting him up to fail. But he didn't.
yes, football teams want to lose

(03-19-2012, 06:37 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yes, football teams want to lose
I never said they wanted to lose, i said they wanted Tebow to fail. A QB can fail and the team still win. It happens all the time, they would of sacraficed a couple of losses at 1-4 to get rid of Tebow and play Brady Quinn, and then draft the future of the franchise.