`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flynns a seachicken

RE: flynns a seachicken
a statement like "Im really thinking of turning my fan card in. Im tired of all the losing.".......... goes against the very meaning of being a fan and kinda borderlines on "Fair-Weather"

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

What I meant was its one thing to not have won a Super Bowl since 1973 but we havent even been close since 1992!!! 20 years of mediocre football is tough to digest. Im a diehard Cubs fan as well and even they have gone to the playoffs 3 times in since 2003!!! The Phins havent even been close and the "diehard" phins fan need to voice our displeasure with ownership. That doesnt happen because the fanbase in Miami is terrible. There isnt any local pressure on the organization to make changes when the fans dont show up whether we win or lose. Did you see the number of empty seats in the ONE playoff game we had this decade? Every year they make poor decisions. Look at it this way our best offensive player is Jake Long and our best defensive player is Cameron Wake both of those guys are on the team because of Parcells.

I also think we have different definitions of what "fan" means. Im assuming your a fan no matter how bad things get and Im more of a fan that when I see the Pats on the schedule I see two losses by 4 TDs each game. Im sorry but its not fun to watch my team get pounded and embarrassed especially when ownership strikes out every time trying to get good players and coaches.

One more point who has a Gator/Tebow appreciation night in the Canes home stadium and for the road team opponent in our home stadium??? Thats like having a Favre appreciation night at Soldier Field in Chicago!!! Utter stupidity and a money grab for the Phins ownership!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(03-18-2012, 04:53 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: a statement like "Im really thinking of turning my fan card in. Im tired of all the losing.".......... goes against the very meaning of being a fan and kinda borderlines on "Fair-Weather"
Does an ICE AGE count for "Fair-Weather"

I like the Seahawks coach and their new QB I hope they beat everyone excluding the you know who's, and if you don't know who. Then you just don't know.....
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(03-18-2012, 05:11 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: What I meant was its one thing to not have won a Super Bowl since 1973 but we havent even been close since 1992!!! 20 years of mediocre football is tough to digest. Im a diehard Cubs fan as well and even they have gone to the playoffs 3 times in since 2003!!! The Phins havent even been close and the "diehard" phins fan need to voice our displeasure with ownership. That doesnt happen because the fanbase in Miami is terrible. There isnt any local pressure on the organization to make changes when the fans dont show up whether we win or lose. Did you see the number of empty seats in the ONE playoff game we had this decade? Every year they make poor decisions. Look at it this way our best offensive player is Jake Long and our best defensive player is Cameron Wake both of those guys are on the team because of Parcells.

I also think we have different definitions of what "fan" means. Im assuming your a fan no matter how bad things get and Im more of a fan that when I see the Pats on the schedule I see two losses by 4 TDs each game. Im sorry but its not fun to watch my team get pounded and embarrassed especially when ownership strikes out every time trying to get good players and coaches.

One more point who has a Gator/Tebow appreciation night in the Canes home stadium and for the road team opponent in our home stadium??? Thats like having a Favre appreciation night at Soldier Field in Chicago!!! Utter stupidity and a money grab for the Phins ownership!!!
It took over 40 something years for my Saints to win one, and that's after years of us wearing bags on our heads and having a half-way decent team during the replacement year LOL
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

"especially when ownership strikes out every time trying to get good players and coaches." that is the key problem....dont hate the team because thay can only do what the ownership allows them too...we need to really suck this year and maybe Ireland gets fired and Ross has to sell Smile ... in a perfect world..... BTW I'm a phinsphan to the end ... BUT first and foremost I'm a fan of the game

(03-18-2012, 04:30 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Im sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!
Lol. So, does that mean you would be happy if they signed Alex Smith? I have some opinons about him, but for the sake of the 9ers fans on here and at the risk of starting an internet fight, lol, I'll keep them to myself.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(03-18-2012, 04:30 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Im sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!
Lol. So, does that mean you would be happy if they signed Alex Smith? I have some opinons about him, but for the sake of the 9ers fans on here and at the risk of starting an internet fight, lol, I'll keep them to myself.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(03-18-2012, 04:53 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: a statement like "Im really thinking of turning my fan card in. Im tired of all the losing.".......... goes against the very meaning of being a fan and kinda borderlines on "Fair-Weather"
Agreed.
I am a fan till i die or they move the team. I wanted Flynn but apparently his price was to much. They brought in Alex Smith. I dont like him i htink he played OK last year and that was due to Harbaugh.
I have heard we are brining in David Garrard this week for a workout. I think We should sign him have Moore and draft Tannenhill in the 1st which is what i think they have had planned the entire time.
Let Tannenhill sit for a season or 2 and learn from Garrard. He was a pretty good QB before he got hurt and was out last year to heal. Have Garrard and Moore compete for the starting job and go from thier.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(03-18-2012, 08:06 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: Agreed.
I am a fan till i die or they move the team. I wanted Flynn but apparently his price was to much. They brought in Alex Smith. I dont like him i htink he played OK last year and that was due to Harbaugh.
I have heard we are brining in David Garrard this week for a workout. I think We should sign him have Moore and draft Tannenhill in the 1st which is what i think they have had planned the entire time.
Let Tannenhill sit for a season or 2 and learn from Garrard. He was a pretty good QB before he got hurt and was out last year to heal. Have Garrard and Moore compete for the starting job and go from thier.
I agree with almost all of it cept I don't think I want any rookie learning from Gerard....

Well we need him to learn from someone. Not sure maybe bring in Pennington to help but he was helping sanchez last i knew so????

I do feel right now we are 90% getting tannenhill. And we will have our 1st QB drafted in the 1st round since Marino.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn