`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Partner with COMC for more pics
03-30-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: Partner with COMC for more pics
Yes, I was the one who has written this a few times. The idea came because IT Guy or one of the Beckett admins (not mods) was answering a question about how come COMC can list book values but we can't.

He said something along the lines of "they pay us handsomely to use BV on that site"

I said they should cut that fee in half, and have unrestricted access to all of the photos. Would really benefit both companies.

IUjapander Cards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2012, 08:20 PM
(03-30-2012 05:31 PM)iujapander Wrote:  Yes, I was the one who has written this a few times. The idea came because IT Guy or one of the Beckett admins (not mods) was answering a question about how come COMC can list book values but we can't.

He said something along the lines of "they pay us handsomely to use BV on that site"

I said they should cut that fee in half, and have unrestricted access to all of the photos. Would really benefit both companies.

Yup. That's exactly where this idea came from.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*
04-03-2012, 04:18 AM
(03-30-2012 05:31 PM)iujapander Wrote:  I said they should cut that fee in half, and have unrestricted access to all of the photos. Would really benefit both companies.

from a business perspective, how does that help beckett?

they lose half the money, and get to provide a service for their customers, which will in some way cost them money in work hours to implement

i see how we would benefit, but not beckett

i like the idea generally, without knowing how much coding it would involve, or man hours, or how difficult it would be to implement. i think the eating the fees thing is ludicrous

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
04-06-2012, 07:51 AM
If COMC pays Beckett to list BV others to view for free.... why no include the pictures too... give COMC a passcode to upload pictures in Beckett database by bulk. The coding to do this should very easy to do.

COMC uses the same checklist that Beckett uses, with exception of adding serial numbers to them.

Some collectors refuse to pay the high OPG fees, when they can go to COMC & get tons of BV's for free...

If COMC & BECKETT revise their contract to including updating Beckett with pictures, it would create more a buzz around the cardboard collecting community & hopefully bring collectors back to Beckett.com or create new collectors attention.... If the Beckett fees do not increase, then I am all for this idea...

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*
10-24-2012, 04:51 AM
(03-18-2012 02:07 PM)uvaspina Wrote:  -This is actually some other OP's idea, but I thought it was a good one. As I understand it, Beckett has a relationship with COMC that allows them to use Beckett BVs in their listings. -Why not work something out that would allow Beckett to use COMC's extensive photo collection? Should be a slam dunk. This would add a lot of value for subscribers.

-I can picture a sweet itunes-style app where we could scroll through our cards like itunes album covers.

In my opinion, this is an outstanding idea that members would appreciate a great deal. I certainly would like it. Depending on cost/effort, Beckett could benefit by retention of paying customers by providing a better experience.
10-24-2012, 04:22 PM
(10-24-2012 04:51 AM)PopSon5481 Wrote:  In my opinion, this is an outstanding idea that members would appreciate a great deal. I certainly would like it. Depending on cost/effort, Beckett could benefit by retention of paying customers by providing a better experience.

Great idea!! I'm on board.

Currently collecting A-Rod, Jeter, Cano, Mauer and Trout. I tend to be a fast shipper, work across the street from our post office.

[Image: troutjeter_zpsa5169a2d.jpg]

Thanks Ja1091 for the sig.
10-25-2012, 11:30 PM
(04-06-2012 07:51 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote:  Some collectors refuse to pay the high OPG fees, when they can go to COMC & get tons of BV's for free...

Due to revisions to the contract between the two coupled with the transfer of COMC from the former site to the new one free BV's on COMC are becoming a thing of the past. Once the transfer to the new COMC.com site is complete users will need to pay to see Beckett values on COMC. COMC is trying to work with Beckett to allow users on here who are subscribed to be able to have the same price access there but that hasn't been agreed to yet.