Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RETAIL RANT: beyond pack searching
Smile 
RETAIL RANT: beyond pack searching
So I just got home from a long trip - flew into Vegas but missed going to Legacy by about 15 minutes. Had to settle the pack busting fever by visiting the local WalMart - hoping to get a few of the deals that have been mentioned on the boards.

The only real bargain were some 2011 Bowman Platinum packs that were 40% off. Started looking through the miscellaneous bins and found about 35 packs of Bowman Chrome that had been slit with a razor and gone through!

I showed them to the CSM who didn't seem to care. I bought my Bowman Platinum rack packs and walked out to the car. I decided to bust a few and realized that ALL the rack packs had been slice open and put neatly back! Of course I went back and got my refund and bought a couple SEALED blaster boxes.

Was this an isolated incident or has anyone else seen such blatant thievery with their retail stores? I told them that they should put up a sign for thieves and pack searchers. Anyone have an idea about how to finish this sign I am going to post at the card section since no one in WalMart gives a crap?

CARD THIEVES AND PACK SEARCHERS WILL BE....(put your suggestion here)

The best suggestion I will print a sign, take it to my Walmart, post it there and take a picture! Let's come up with some good ones!

Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

RE: RETAIL RANT: beyond pack searching
...will be struck down by the baseball God's.
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

I have seen resealed blasters so I look very closely now before I buy any.

I quit buying packs at walmart/kmart/whatevermart when I found a guy with a digital scale weighing each pack to find the ones that were little lighter or a little heavier. I only go to hobby shops, and not ones that pick the packs out for you, the ones where you actually get to make the choice of which pack you want. I went to one hobby shop in Redding Ca. and the clerk wouldn't let me pick out a pack of cards. Told me he would choose the pack for me so "I wouldn't grab the one from the bottom," I will never go back to that store. My local card shop in Eureka CA lets you choose the pack (or even the box) you want!

(03-17-2012, 01:13 PM)donbickle707 Wrote: I quit buying packs at walmart/kmart/whatevermart when I found a guy with a digital scale weighing each pack to find the ones that were little lighter or a little heavier. I only go to hobby shops, and not ones that pick the packs out for you, the ones where you actually get to make the choice of which pack you want. I went to one hobby shop in Redding Ca. and the clerk wouldn't let me pick out a pack of cards. Told me he would choose the pack for me so "I wouldn't grab the one from the bottom," I will never go back to that store. My local card shop in Eureka CA lets you choose the pack (or even the box) you want!
I know that a lot of honest shops pick the packs for you so they don't have to deal with people feeling them up and whatnot. If theyre an honest shop, it shouldn't be an issue with them handing you what should be a random pack. Otherwise, people just pick the extra rigid/heavy ones.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

this hobby is full with greediness.....
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Thats why my GQ mini supply ran out so quickly. I had to beat the people acually buying the boxes and pack but I had to beat the pack searches. I was getting so mad last summer esp. when I pick up a pack to buy and one of my minis I need falls out of the pack because someone had already opened it.

Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

All we have is a Kmart and the baseball cards are just a big pile that the little kids throw at each other. I saw a Mexican lady pack searching them once, considering they are mostly the same packs from 2008 that have been sitting there I'm thinking she was late to the party.

Yeah CS doesn't care because the trading cards are stocked by a 3rd party so anything that goes missing doesn't count against the stores inventory.

"sat on by Daniel Vogelbach" (that's a big boy... Should deter anyone from thieving) lol
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots