`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Offer option
03-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Offer option
There are alot of cards I need on there but are priced horribly. It would be nice to be able to make an offer on a card that you feel is priced too high.

thanks

[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: Offer option
Dude, I know exactly how you feel. There are tons of cards I need, but they're asking waaaay too much for them (even OVER the suggested BV). Not saying the BV is the end all be all, but it would be nice to have the ability to negotiate a price.

Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/
03-17-2012, 08:32 AM
(03-16-2012 09:50 PM)chads-cards Wrote:  There are alot of cards I need on there but are priced horribly. It would be nice to be able to make an offer on a card that you feel is priced too high.

thanks

+1000

[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127
03-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd consider even LOOKING at the marketplace if this were an option. As it is now I never look and don't care to look at the marketplace
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM
I stopped looking once I saw awesome cards I need that are priced in a way that not one person will ever buy them

[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS
03-18-2012, 12:48 AM
i am new to all of this but cant you buy or trade cards from members that have them available. it was the main reason i got on here as a alternative to the ebay bs. if not i wasted my time loading all my cards on here lol. i know they dont show up on the market place but they do on the card pages right?
03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
(03-18-2012 12:48 AM)cazper Wrote:  i am new to all of this but cant you buy or trade cards from members that have them available. it was the main reason i got on here as a alternative to the ebay bs. if not i wasted my time loading all my cards on here lol. i know they dont show up on the market place but they do on the card pages right?

If you have itmarked for trade and in a public folder yes everyone can see what you have for trade.
Here is an example what I think they are talking about
I have a card serial #d to 25 and its in my PC I wont trade it but they have it in the market place for 500.00 when it is probley worth 150.00 to a certain person. Now they will PM the person they know who has it which is no big deal he/she could say not for trade or sale. You cant make them trade the card. but could persuade them into an offer that you think they couldnt refuse and still might or go to the markett but pay what they want with no best offer.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]
05-17-2012, 01:39 PM
(03-16-2012 09:50 PM)chads-cards Wrote:  There are alot of cards I need on there but are priced horribly. It would be nice to be able to make an offer on a card that you feel is priced too high.

thanks

I completely agree, some of these cards have been on here forever. Some of these sellers must believe that just because they consider themselves a "dealer" that their cards are worth 3x current market value...offer feature would help, but if they think a CJ Spiller blue ink rookie premiere is worth 96 bucks when they go for 25 I doubt they would consider a fair offer to begin with.

The marketplace section on here is the biggest joke I have EVER seen...the people that visit this type of site are not in large part suckers...

Buying High End Football Cards, nothing # higher than 10 unless it's high grade rare contenders
05-24-2012, 08:45 AM

thanks

Agreed, allowing for a best offer would be a great idea! More choice to the consumer would lead to more sales for dealers and commission for Beckett (if that's their pricing model).

2000 Absolute Leather & Laces | Chicago Bears TTM | 1999 Finest
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes this seriously needs to be implemented already, I can easily say Burbank Sports Cards has lots that I wanna buy but some of thier prices are wierd. In lots of ways but would definetly like to make lots of $50+ purchases so I get free shipping Big Grin

I believe in time Beckett will lose all of thier sellers to COMC if some simple changes that are needed are not made.

Will Sell Your Cards For A Low Consignment Fee, PM Me For Details!
[Image: BWBANNER.png]
Will Sell Your Cards For A Low Consignment Fee, PM Me For Details!