`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Few suggestions
03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Few suggestions
1. sort by date added!!!!!!!!!!!!! (is that enough exclamation marks). I rarely search because for players that have thousands of cards it just isn't worth it.

2. Clean up the lists. It seems to have started with one seller who decided to list his cards differently I suppose to garner attention. Now multiple sellers are changing the description so their cards are not grouped with the others. This is not only cluttering the listings it is very annoying.

3. Why is the feedback option impossible to find.

4. Make the listing say what the serial number is out of. So not the actual number of the card, but it should be easy to identify if a card is a 1/1, or out of /5, etc.

5. Make it more like ebay where there is a part where sellers can mark when an item has shipped, include DC number, etc.

6. BEST OFFER, BEST OFFER, BEST OFFER, BEST OFFER..... did I mention BEST OFFER

7. Pictures. Maybe offer a lower monthly fee to those sellers that list pictures. If this isn't possible, then DO NOT allow the use of stock photos. It should either be no photo, or the picture of the card you will be getting.

8. Easier option to contact sellers.

I think that is it for now.

IUjapander Cards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: Few suggestions
I have to disagree with #7. I am a Marketplace dealer and if I have 20 of the same card, I would need 20 different scans. That does not make sense. I just think it should be very clear to the buyer if it is a stock photo, maybe have the the edges appear deckled if it is a stock photo or STOCK written across the center of the card. As dealers we recognize scans of the actual card help sales. My plan is to go in decreasing order of value and add scans when time permits. I will gladly lower prices if a buyer contacts me with an offer that I like. Best Offer option is in the works. Jimmy
03-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Great ideas. The picture one could be a problem because of what 69mets86 said. We appreciate your input and keep it coming.

Logan Fisher
Sr UI Designer
Beckett Media LLC
03-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Suggestion #1 would be awesome - I would use the marketplace much more often if that option was added.

The best offer would also be great, but in the meantime you can always email a seller and make on offer - I do it all the time. Some will work with you and some won't, just like any other site.

Regarding the extra listings - you can fix that if you don't want to see them. Over on the left it is one of the options, just uncheck "custom listing".

Regarding stock photos, I think this is fine in most cases. Unless it is a high end card, there is no need to scan every card. And if you have concerns you can always email teh seller and ask for a scan

Feedback - I honestly didn't even know you could leave feedback and I have ben buying off the marketoplace for years. I guess that proves your suggestion here is a good one!

The serial # thing would be great to have. It is in organize so I am not sure why it isn't in the marketplace. You can even sort by print run within organize now.

The thing about DC, item shipped, etc. While these are nice to have, I don't think it is as important as it is on EBAY and other sites. The reason is because Beckett doesn't just let anyone post a listing and sell (I don't think). I think there is much less risk buying off Beckett because of this. Still not a bad suggestion, just not quite as important on this site in my opinion.

Kyle

Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!