`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
pics of cards
03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
pics of cards
it would be nice to have scans of the cards for sale instead of trying to email the seller to request pictures.

[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: pics of cards
(03-16-2012 10:30 AM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote:  it would be nice to have scans of the cards for sale instead of trying to email the seller to request pictures.

+1

[Image: FPKkt.png]

Looking for any Griffey items that I don't have.
03-19-2012, 09:52 AM
(03-16-2012 03:57 PM)mvandall Wrote:  +1

+2

[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]
06-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Idont mean to get off point here and I do agree that pics are important to the buyer. However, ebay has come up with new pic requirements that a pic has to be min of 500 pixels on the long side. They give the reason that it will result in at least a 5% increase in sales. After all these years they feel the need to change things up. If its not broke don't fix it. I want to know who is complaining. I haven't seen one item or complaint about the current size of the pics. Is it about so called 5% more that ebay can make? Sounds like GREED to me. From what I was told if your pics don't meet their new requirements, they will block your listing. Anyway thanks for allowing me to rant about this. I would like your thoughts on thishttp://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
06-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Pics would help for sure. Sometimes I read the name of a card and it sounds like one I'm missing for my PC guys but once I go check in my ORG I find I have it. A pic is another way for me to recognize if I have the card or not.

(06-30-2013 08:22 AM)ljsports44 Wrote:  Idont mean to get off point here and I do agree that pics are important to the buyer. However, ebay has come up with new pic requirements that a pic has to be min of 500 pixels on the long side. They give the reason that it will result in at least a 5% increase in sales. After all these years they feel the need to change things up. If its not broke don't fix it. I want to know who is complaining. I haven't seen one item or complaint about the current size of the pics. Is it about so called 5% more that ebay can make? Sounds like GREED to me. From what I was told if your pics don't meet their new requirements, they will block your listing. Anyway thanks for allowing me to rant about this. I would like your thoughts on thishttp://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I think eBay overstated the statistics, but I will say that over the years I had to contact the seller for "better" pics a handful of times. Does that mean every user is like me and does that? Does that also mean every user is even more of a PITA than me and also emailed eBay about it? I highly doubt it lol

To add to the eBay rant...sellers who state "We use stock images" should be hammered by eBay under the new policy. How is a stock image in any way shape or form a good representation of the card being auctioned? Lazy sellers already cause enough problems when they shove an image up that has 4+ cards in it and say "I'm only selling the card described in the title of this auction". Thankfully I haven't seen any one combine the two...yet lol.

[Image: beckett_sig_20140715.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

10-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I never hear back from sellers when I ask for scans, do they really expect people to pay $100-200 for a card sight unseen?
10-20-2013, 03:17 PM
IMO the marketplace sellers do not put much time in interacting with their prospective buyers.

MY BUCKET MY TRADEPAGE
[Image: Naslund1213ForeverRivalsStick.jpg]
10-21-2013, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 09:06 AM by parallelguy.)
I deal in alot of cards buy/sell/trade over the course of a year and I think I have bought maybe 3 cards from beckett marketplace in the past 2 years , if that tells you anything,

2012-13 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 140/140
2013-14 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 1/160
My bucket : http://photobucket.com/home/HockeyCardsPlus
10-21-2013, 10:14 AM
(10-21-2013 09:04 AM)parallelguy Wrote:  I deal in alot of cards buy/sell/trade over the course of a year and I think I have bought maybe 3 cards from beckett marketplace in the past 2 years , if that tells you anything,

I buy a lot from the marketplace, being a collector of my favorite teams, the marketplace is really the only place that takes the time list all of the very cheap oddball 80's stuff that I was looking for.

When I was looking for a Jim Brown rookie for my football collection, I started here but no way was I going to spend that kind of money without seeing the card, I never received responses from 2 different sellers, one of which I had bought from in the past. I ended up buying it from COMC and was very happy.
02-19-2014, 09:22 PM
I would have to agre that there should be a photo of the exact card you will be bidding on or buying; whether it is on eBay or Beckett Marketplace or even Craigslist. I would never buy sight unseen as there are just too many people false representting or flat out lying about cards or merchandise. Better be safe than sorry, and once the time has been taken and business or collector relationships have been developed, you can then go on history and reputation.
There are people on this wedsite that will not trade or even respond to a members post if they have a low number or posts. (Which is another subject I will address in another thred).
Mr. Mike