`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Heritage variation question

2012 Heritage variation question
Broke a box of 2012 topps Heritage and found these 2 versions of card 348 Miguel Cabrera. The one on the left looks like all the other base cards as far as coloration and the one on the left has the picture reversed. The small yellow backgrounded circular picture has become the larger picture on the right card. This was the only one in the box like this. Anyone know anything about this?

[Image: scan0059.jpg]
Photobucket

RE: 2012 Heritage variation question
Yes, the one on the right is the variation and only certain players have this. I believe these are super short prints kinda like that squirrel card from series 1. I pulled one today which i lsted on the box breaks. Theres several different variations.. Check out http://www.sportscardradio.com/index.php...-checklist
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(03-14-2012, 06:52 PM)sparty78 Wrote: Broke a box of 2012 topps Heritage and found these 2 versions of card 348 Miguel Cabrera. The one on the left looks like all the other base cards as far as coloration and the one on the left has the picture reversed. The small yellow backgrounded circular picture has become the larger picture on the right card. This was the only one in the box like this. Anyone know anything about this?

[Image: scan0059.jpg]
I got the same one in a box from my LCS. I guess they do tilt it to the home town a bit. My box also has a 1963 buy back in it... also a Tiger.

yep they list all the different variations and there are a ton of them in the little article they posted a few days ago.

(03-14-2012, 07:19 PM)dpatera Wrote: I got the same one in a box from my LCS. I guess they do tilt it to the home town a bit. My box also has a 1963 buy back in it... also a Tiger.
Broke a second box (now I'm broke) and did not get one of the image inversions.
Photobucket

What qualifies as a super short print exactly?

<250?
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

These Black and Whites come around 1/box I found while the other short prints are 1:3 or 1:4 packs