`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably a dumb question...

Probably a dumb question...
but I don't know so I have to ask. What does the exclamation point after a card description signify?
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Probably a dumb question...
(03-14-2012, 10:59 AM)buckunteer Wrote: but I don't know so I have to ask. What does the exclamation point after a card description signify?
Not a dumb question because even I don't know. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Lol..thanks for asking..i been wanting to find out for a while now
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]
Smile 
(03-14-2012, 10:59 AM)buckunteer Wrote: but I don't know so I have to ask. What does the exclamation point after a card description signify?
The card is condition sensitive.

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-14-2012, 11:15 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: The card is condition sensitive.
It's easy to pick out the old school Beckett readers...
Smile 
(03-14-2012, 11:18 AM)jsmouser Wrote: It's easy to pick out the old school Beckett readers...
I ain't old school... Seriously, I am not.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-14-2012, 11:18 AM)jsmouser Wrote: It's easy to pick out the old school Beckett readers...
I used to read it, but seriously, that was 10+ years ago. Things have been moved around in my head since then. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I don't know either but in life the only stupid questions are the ones that are never asked Smile

That's actually what I was guessing based on the types of cards I've seen with it, I just wasn't sure. Thanks! And nice to know I wasn't the only one wondering either Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

As filamuraireborn already stated, the "!" in the price guide signifies that the card is condition sensitive. The sensitivity can be due to many reasons including: black borders that easily whiten, factory misalignment or sheet location that caused the card to be off center or damaged for most of the print run, other common print flaw or surface damage that occurred for most of the print run, and then for the really old school cards there is the case where card number 1 or the last card number in the set for older cards commonly were damaged (as back in the day people would rubber band the cards together which caused damage to the top and bottom card).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/