`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Explain, describe, and show your Basketball Card Personal Collection (PC)

RE: Explain, describe, and show your Basketball Card Personal Collection (PC)
Great thread and some really interesting posts - I always enjoy understanding how collectors end up with their PCs and also getting a peek at what they have stashed away!!!

Well as a new member on the forum I thought I would use this post to introduce myself and also to share my PC story. So I'm CJ, a collector from Australia always looking to expand on my Lebron PC (and also KG PC) so hit me up if you have something you think might interest me.

Personal Collection - Lebron James (Main) / Kevin Garnett (Side)

As it seems with most people I started collecting when I was younger (around 9 or 10) doing little jobs around the house to get enough money to go and buy a couple of packs. Back then it wasn't about the hits and selling for a profit, it was the thrill of opening those packs and then trying to complete the base set each year. I was never a MJ fan as I wanted to be different so followed Penny and the Magic but my real interest in following a team came about when KG entered the league and I was able to pull his rookie card. Anyway time passes and interests change and the cards just dropped off the radar for me.

I still had an interest in the NBA and watched any games that I could but it wasn't until the whole KG trade and then the Championship push in 2008 that I remembered the rookie card and started picking up a few KG cards. I really enjoy collecting just one player but missed the feeling of finishing off a set and after finding the numerous Lebron sets I knew I had found my main PC player.

My goal for the PC is simple - to have the best Lebron collection that I possibly can. I do not get hung up on what others have and I don't, it is all about the chase and the enjoyment. I hope that I can put this collection away and in years to come look back at it and remember games, chases, experiences with fellow collectors and pass the joy of collecting onto my children.

Most enjoyable moment of collecting isn't to do with my PC but was putting together the Jordan legacy set. I was surprised that my girlfriend actually got hooked on trying to find all those cards and was on ebay almost daily trying to find those missing cards!!! Getting those last two cards (actually came off the beckett marketplace) to finish it and sheeting one card each is a great memory. She's a keeper I reckon!!!

Narrowing my pride a joy down to just one item was a little hard so here are a couple:

[Image: b0b66bc0.jpg]

[Image: 89ed3589.jpg]

[Image: f43ee560.jpg]

A bit of a highschool theme there!!! Looking forward to reading about other members collections and hopefully getting some deals done on here.

[Image: LebronSignature.jpg]

RE: Explain, describe, and show your Basketball Card Personal Collection (PC)
I mainly collect my PC teams, the Knicks and Spurs. I want to get a gu or patch/auto, a jersey card, patch card, and a unique game used card, such as a shoe,sweatband,lace, or ball card. I want to get those cards for every player that they made them for on my PC teams. You can see my basketball as well as my other sports PC's by clicking on the photobucket link in my signature