`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I HATE GRADING!!!

RE: I HATE GRADING!!!
I like grading for vintage cards, but I feel like it has gotten out of hand with new cards. The biggest upside to grading is when it comes to buying a card online, as it's tough to get a good idea of condition from most pictures. However I love getting raw cards in person, and I can't think of a single graded card that I have bought in person.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Grading is great for vintage cards. Pointless for newer cards.

I think the Lebron got the grade it was suppose to. I learned my lesson in an uncirculated Melo x-Fractor Topps Chrome RC. The refractor lines can show when the card gets bad centering and then it detracts from the surface subgrade when BGS figures that.

I send in a submission once a year and I have one pending now. I have to say that you really have to be picky on what you send to BGS. They are the most strict with the grading.

My last few, I haven't gotten lower than a BGS 9 on anything and I even got a few 9.5 grades including on my Kobe Chrome RC. The OP submitted a less than mint card and is now ranting that it didn't get a Mint grade IMO. Even more of a reason I go with BGS, they are not always the most consistant, but less than mint cards usually don't get a mint grade.

That Melo shown it this thread is not good enough to get a 9 with that sort of corner damage....but if it happened while at BGS.....I would be irate as well.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

This reminds my of a card at my LCS. He wanted full book for a 96-97 Kobe E XL. I wasn't giving him that much. He decieded to get it graded because he felt that it was in excellent condition. When he got it back from PSA they slabbed it a 5, lol. I felt like they ripped him off, but that's the luck of the draw. As it stands I wouldn't give him half BV for it.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(03-14-2012, 05:09 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: This reminds my of a card at my LCS. He wanted full book for a 96-97 Kobe E XL. I wasn't giving him that much. He decieded to get it graded because he felt that it was in excellent condition. When he got it back from PSA they slabbed it a 5, lol. I felt like they ripped him off, but that's the luck of the draw. As it stands I wouldn't give him half BV for it.
Lol wow..i can say this, if you send out a card thinking your gunna get a high grade and end up with a 5 you shouldnt own a card shop lol
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-14-2012, 05:15 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Lol wow..i can say this, if you send out a card thinking your gunna get a high grade and end up with a 5 you shouldnt own a card shop lol
If you seen the card you would've thought at least a 8 or 8.5 BGS. So when the PSA slab came back I was even suprised that it didn't come back a 9 at least. I laughed inside. I know he was hurt, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(03-14-2012, 05:15 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Lol wow..i can say this, if you send out a card thinking your gunna get a high grade and end up with a 5 you shouldnt own a card shop lol
+1
Thumbs Up 
+1

There are so many Card Shops that want to sell their inventory at High Book Value. Can't they be reasonable? Ugh... For example, Lefty's in Burlingame puts a price tag on the singles with High Book Value as their asking price. They will somehow give you a discount when they feel it is good business. The vintage singles are almost priced to the High Book Value... Ugh!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

hey xxviperman32xx would you consider selling selling that 2003-04 topps lebron james xfractor?

(10-20-2013, 06:24 AM)michaelwhitten21 Wrote: hey xxviperman32xx would you consider selling selling that 2003-04 topps lebron james xfractor?
fyi, you can click on a user name and see if they are still active on the site. viper hasnt logged on in almost 5 months.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]