`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I HATE GRADING!!!

I HATE GRADING!!!
uhhhh there is a derrick rose bowman chrome gold refractor im trying to get on ebay ungraded but the guy wont sell it to me because he wants to get it graded. who else hates grading. anyone else. i sent in my 03-04 chrome xfractor lebron rc because it has in perfect shape and centering got it back a bgs 7 i instantly cut it out of the case when i got it. then i look and there was a bgs 10 lebron xfractor on ebay and the centering was terrible compaired to mine. its so rigged and it made collecting worse i think.
Collecting Derrick Rose, Kobe and the occasional Michael Jordan 90's insert.
Wanting to trade my LeBron stuff for Kobe. Wont get rid of my D-Rose Cards.
[Image: mytop3.jpg]

RE: I HATE GRADING!!!
next time save a scan for future reference.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

That lebron in your sig could never get a 7 for centering..thats crazy
To me it looks like a 9 or better, i would of sent it back maybe thwy made a mistake
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

I agree, I hate grading too! I will never send my cards into Beckett to be graded ever again!!! They have damaged several of my cards. I sent in a Melo rookie logo card to get graded because I thought for sure it would get at least a 9. Well it did come back with a 9 grade and also a very badly dmanged edge and corner on the card. On top of that the case is cracked a little. :'( It's hard to see in the pictures but the worse damage is seen on melos shorts, at the edge where it's white.

[Image: 30xhhg9.jpg]
[Image: akhf7l.jpg]
[Image: 34greiu.jpg]
[Image: 2mzzlu0.jpg]
05-06 Greats of the game autos complete set:
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/a...TOS%20SET/

i dont think he got a 7 because of the centering, i think it was the refractor line and they dropped the surface grade, which i think is bs, that card is a beauty and the refractor line is just the way the card is made. and why does the seller have it on ebay if he doesnt want to sell it?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I agree, why put it up for auction if not selling. Something fishy there.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Maybe the auctioneer is fishing for the best offer that he/she can get for his/her very valuable card. Maybe the best offer that he/she can not refuse has not knocked on his/her door. Just maybe...
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-13-2012, 06:44 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: i dont think he got a 7 because of the centering, i think it was the refractor line and they dropped the surface grade, which i think is bs, that card is a beauty and the refractor line is just the way the card is made. and why does the seller have it on ebay if he doesnt want to sell it?
Yea it looks like some of the line is missing so i would understand a bad surface grade, i thought he was speakin on the centering...card is beautiful though..ebay thing doesnt make sense though lol
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

it got a 8 for centering. i still might have the certificate they sent back saying what was wrong. and the guy on ebay a sent him an offer that he should not of refused and he said he was waiting for the sun times show to get it graded.
Collecting Derrick Rose, Kobe and the occasional Michael Jordan 90's insert.
Wanting to trade my LeBron stuff for Kobe. Wont get rid of my D-Rose Cards.
[Image: mytop3.jpg]

I agree with the seller. If he is sure the card is gonna grade for more why sell early? If the OP wanted the card bad enough he wouldve hit the BIN. But since the best offer isn't BGS 9.5 values he wants to wait.

I understand the OPs frustrations but thats the way the game is played. I hate grading also, but its a gamble you gotta take to reap the benefits. As for your card, what you shouldve done was contact them and have them compensate you because its obvious that they damaged the card while still in their possession (Thus graded high even though its impossible to get that damage if slabbed correctly. Ive heard of people getting compensated for this and I recommend that next time it happens you speak out.

I had a nice batch back in 07-08 Ultimate that I sent in a couple of days after the product released. I submitted 3 cards. 2 came back bGS 9 and 1 was a 7.5. One of the BGS 9 was a 9.5x2 9x1 and 8.5x1 (Surface) dual auto CP3/BROY with surface damage that till the day I sold I was not able to find. 7.5 was a Oden that got damaged during transit. The one that I feel robbed on was The first Durant /150 ultimate rc auto ever submitted to BGS. It had bgs 9x2 bgs8.5 and bgs9.5 I believe. The card was flawless when I sent it in and it came back with a small imprinted/indented dot that looked like blatant surface damage, which didnt show up in the grade they gave. The corners had the low grade even though they were perfect (shouldve been first 9.5!)

Now that I think about this, it seems like they mightve written the wrong subgrades for the cards an the Durant deserved the 8.5 surface and the Dual deserved the corner but THis stuff is inexcusable. I didnt do anything about it because I didnt know I actually could!

Even after this horrible experience I still want to have that gold label on my top cards so I continue to send in. Only difference is that now I use 1 touches for sending in.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]