`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two packages in the mail, redemption and generosity

Two packages in the mail, redemption and generosity
First up, my latest redemption from Panini, a Pinnacle Tough Times autograph of the master of the disappearing fight strap, Rob Ray.

[Image: 11-12PinnacleToughTimesAutograph-RoyRay.jpg]

And more importantly, a quick tale of generosity. I've been a member on several forums for a while, and on another site, I've been helping a friend out north of the border. He loves his Habs, my cursed rivals, haha, but I've been bidding on eBay stuff with a "no Canada" tag, and shipping it to the great white north for him. He always kicks in a few extra bucks for my trouble, and it's been zero issues since I started it. I've seen Guy LaFleur and Patrick Roy, you name it, I've bought it, repackaged it and shipped it out to him. As much as the rivalry heats up, Sebastien is always very cool to deal with, and I really like helping him out. I don't dig sellers that restrict hockey cards from Canada, that seems so ridiculous, so I'm here to lend a hand when I can.

Anyway, cut to maybe a week or so ago when he asked for my address, and let me know that he wanted to shoot me a couple of traders for all the help I've given him. I didn't expect what I got...

[Image: 07-08OPCPremierOriginalSixSignatures-WaltTkaczuk.jpg]

Not a bad auto, but this one's even better...

[Image: 2011-12ITGUltiamteMemorabiliaCupFinalsSi...Boston.jpg]

Wow, that's an awfully sweet card, and I really appreciate his generosity. I would have been cool with just helping out without this kind of reward, as the feeling of giving him a hand was more than enough. Above and beyond, for sure, this was very cool of him, and I want to say a quick thank you! Sorry for the lousy scan, I like the way ITG handle Superlative better, these things are so ugly and hard to store.

Anyway, all three cards are available for trade, and I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this quick tale. Thanks for looking!
-Chris
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

RE: Two packages in the mail, redemption and generosity
awesome

that was nice of him

Thats what this hobby is all about! Congrats and Huge props to both of you for helping one another!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Great to see collectors helping each other out. Love that Montreal/boston card, reminds me of high school days in the Boston area watching the Bruins.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

That's a wicked 6er!!! Awesome story too. A+
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

What nice cards, but what a great person and friend. That's how it should be.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

very nice pick ups and gifts

a few US only auction buyers are glad I help them for the sets Big Grin
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I agree with everyone else... That's pretty bada$$. Always nice to see legit people helping out others for the benefit of everyone!

Sweet cards!