`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading questions, plz help

Grading questions, plz help
1) When you send your cards in, do they HAVE to be in top-loaders or can the be in 1-touch magnetic holders (to keep them safer [handling, shipping, etc])?
2) If you can, will BGS return the magnetic holders?
3) If they will, how do you go about that?

My situation:
Around 10 cards
All in magnetic 1-touch holders
Some memo/auto, some just auto

Also, if there is a significant price break for a close number to what I have ready, what is it, and would you suggest that?

Thanks in advance,
-Z-

RE: Grading questions, plz help
1) I think technically you can send them in whatever you want but they do state their preference. I don't know about BGS, but the other big companies prefer card in penny sleeve/Card Saver as those probably prevent movement of the card while in transit the best.

2) No clue. My guess is no but it's just that, a guess.

3) Recommend just giving a call and asking. Probably the fastest/easiest route. Also, make sure you write down the name of whoever you speak to for the answer if they say yes.

No, your magnetics will not be returned.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I believe that I read this before, that you may request to get your magnetic holders back but, you will pay for the additional shipping price that is based on the additional weight, that is caused by the magnetic holders.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-13-2012, 09:56 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I believe that I read this before, that you may request to get your magnetic holders back but, you will pay for the additional shipping price that is based on the additional weight, that is caused by the magnetic holders.
Correct.
The exact answer i got at my last submission in person at a show.
They can at special request, but they will charge extra for the return shipping. Basically I was told for what they would charge, it wouldnt be worth it, just buy a new one.

As far as submitting they prefer the semi-rigid holders with a soft sleeve, but for thicker cards I still used a magnetic case with a team bag.
Smile 
(03-14-2012, 12:51 AM)creativemunky Wrote: Correct.
The exact answer i got at my last submission in person at a show.
They can at special request, but they will charge extra for the return shipping. Basically I was told for what they would charge, it wouldnt be worth it, just buy a new one.

As far as submitting they prefer the semi-rigid holders with a soft sleeve, but for thicker cards I still used a magnetic case with a team bag.
Great!

Thanks for the information/replies, guys. I appreciate the help.

A lot of the graders like the card savers so they can just cut the cards out with scissors.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]
Smile 
(03-14-2012, 08:00 PM)sonnyday Wrote: A lot of the graders like the card savers so they can just cut the cards out with scissors.
Cutting is easier, okay, I got it.