`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LOVE ebay sellers!!!

LOVE ebay sellers!!!
nah, really hate them! stupid prices then when you make a fair offer for MORE than it auctions for they act like they get insulted. Or like today when I FINALLY had some money saved up from selling some stuff the buyer raises the best offer price cause the "has another offer for that and gonna take xx to get it". Ebay needs to go back to more auctions and not these crazy BIN prices. Sorry for the rant but it gets old sometimes.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

RE: LOVE ebay sellers!!!
I agree!! IMO a lot of the sellers just dab into our hobby just to make money. They mark up wha they think has a high BV. Although it evens out when they dont know what they have and I get a SP card cheap.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Ya I know what you mean, I sent in a very fair best offer and even countered twice on an item and the seller raised his price both times. The card was listed for over a month and had zero offers. I don't get it
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

Guys, not all eBay sellers are a------s, believe me ...

Over the holidays I put up for bid a complete set of 2006 Topps Football, with an opening bid of 99 cents.

After five days of 'bidding', it sold for ... wait for it ... 99 cents.

I had $7.99 shipping on it and it cost me about $11 to ship it, so I ACTUALLY PAID SOMEONE $3 to take my set away from me, not to mention the time and trouble it took to list it, pack it up, take it to the post office, etc. ...

We all know I could have come up with all kinds of bulls--t about why I couldn't complete the transaction, but I did.

Not patting myself on the back, just letting you know some of us are not there to screw people over.

If you don't think a seller has a good/fair price on something, don't bid on it.

If you think the seller is a shiller, blah blah blah ... don't bid on it.

I'm not trying to defend the idiots, by the way, I wish they'd all get on one big bus and take a very fast drive off a very short cliff.

I'm just saying, there are plenty of honest, sane people on the Bay who are happy to give you a good deal and good service.

Word!
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

I've been there done that a time or 2 myself. I always do auctions and don't think I've ever done a BIN. That's pretty much what my rant is about. The deals and good prices are about gone with all the free listings you get these days people don't have to pay so they don't lose if it doesn't sale. I'm guilty of setting my starting prices a little higher than I normally would but still all reasonable and most my items sell.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

I know, it sucks. I'd always take a fair offer though, but it all depends on the individual.
Plus you gotta put yourself in their shoes. We all believe our offers are fair, but when we're selling, we tend to think everyone is low balling us. I'm surprised that anyone will give any breaks in this economy.

One thing I do love is making an offer you think is fair and then they totally ignore you... just add it to your watch list. I've watched more than a few that have turned me down get desperate and end up selling it way below my original offer. I'm still watching about 3 that I've been watching for around 3 years! Watch them put them on sale! It makes me feel good and I still don't make another offer. Big Grin
Another good feeling is when the message you long after you made the offer asking if you still want it. "Yes, but for 50% less than I originally offered."

I'd love to trade everything I get to my fellow collectors. I'd love to just throw everything in organize and just let everyone have a go at it, but my bank account says otherwise. Anything I KNOW for a fact that I can get at least $50 in auction, has to go to auction. It's the only way I can continue to collect and trade. I'll always give my fellow BMBers first shot though.

What a diatribe I just went on Smile Sorry, I've just been there...done that. You know.

"Fair" is a relative term. Some things I've listed at auction because I want to get rid of them and I know they will sell fast. Other things I've listed as BIN/BO because I want a certain price. Granted, I haven't listed much as a BIN/BO, maybe 20 total, and probably about 95% of offers are far from "fair" and are straight up low balling, even with the back and forth to "negotiate".

As a matter of fact, there is another forum that has a sticky thread of buyers to avoid/block and it's up to page 24 now with 345 posts. I'm 100% certain that they are not all legit, but that is pretty telling that buyers are far from the straight and narrow.

(03-12-2012, 07:19 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: "Fair" is a relative term.
That's part of what I was saying in my long winded way.

(03-12-2012, 07:19 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: there is another forum that has a sticky thread of buyers to avoid/block and it's up to page 24 now with 345 posts. I'm 100% certain that they are not all legit, but that is pretty telling that sellers are far from the straight and narrow.
Bump it please.

(03-12-2012, 07:22 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: That's part of what I was saying in my long winded way.

Bump it please.
I probably should have used the word "site" instead of "forum". Smile