`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Topps Tribute Box Break

2012 Topps Tribute Box Break
I decided to buy one high end box this year, but didn't know which one yet. I saw a couple breaks and it looked great, but I went to the LCS yesterday still unsure. I opened the first pack of the first box out of the case, and decided to open the rest of the box. At $290, I knew there was no way I could buy any later on for cheaper. Here's the break, pack by pack:

[Image: pack1.jpg]
Beautiful Mays bat card. Unfortunately there's a nice sized scratch (or hair) on the inside of the case. I may call Topps to see if they'll replace it. Sweet card, though, love the gold foil, good sized bat piece, numbered/49. It made me open the rest of the box.

[Image: pack2.jpg]
I love Chipper Jones, he's one of my favorite players. Must be from growing up in the 90's. Sweet dual-jersey card, love the black. But the highlight of the pack for me was the Bob Gibson. Check out those sideburns!!!

[Image: pack3.jpg]
Can do worse than Joey Votto, and numbered/50. Huge bat pieces, more gold foil. Seriously every card in this product is gorgeous.

[Image: pack4.jpg]
Heck of a pack here, Mike Stanton gold parallel/25, and the Kershaw auto. I don't know why, but I just love Kershaw's sig.

[Image: pack5.jpg]
Certainly the week pack. One of the worst autos one could pull from this product but he's a promising young pitcher and I would imagine most every box has a cheaper auto. I was just glad not to pull the Daniel Hudson again.

[Image: pack6.jpg]
Didn't like pulling a redemption at first, but seeing it was Hosmer made it ok. And a blue parallel #d/50 at that! It definitely made the box.

I definitely love the product. Every card is gorgeous. I'm not wild about the encased hits. Actually I like the cases, I just don't like the stickers. But all on-card autos, big relics, beautiful cards, and prevalent nice cards definitely make this the best product Topps has made since last year's Tribute. If you only buy one high-end box, make it Tribute. For anyone who's interested, the Stanton is sold, and the hits are for sale for now. If I don't get decent offers I'll put them up for trade later, unless someone pulled any Ozzie Smith from this product I'd gladly trade for them of course. I'll probably hold on to the Cobb unless someone has a Jon Jay to trade for it. The base and other parallels I would consider trading (except for sideburns Gibson). Thanks for looking!

[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

RE: 2012 Topps Tribute Box Break
Yeah if I had the money I'd definitely buy one of these boxes.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

congrats on the pulls
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

If for trade check me for Kershaw and Hosmer please.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Beautiful cards - Thanks for the pics.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

I'm so incredibly tempted to go get a box of these today...the price range scares me though

Great box, you lucked out!

nice pulls. congrats

Great Break, Congrats!
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

nice break!! is the hosmer for trade? lmk
thanks