(Toll Free)
Thread Closed 
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Toggle for User Trade Availability
06-30-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: Toggle for User Trade Availability
(06-29-2013 11:23 PM)paulkellyjr Wrote:  Can you just set your collections as private instead of public?

Don't believe so, as all my collections are private, always have been, and I get trade offers and complete trades just fine.

Collection settings seemed to only affect someone browsing through your profile and selecting Organize to view your collections.

[Image: beckett_sig_20140110.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

Find all posts by this user
06-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Seems like a half done way of making something "private"?????

To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.

[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]
02-11-2014, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 09:38 PM by paulkellyjr.)
Back to the top

I would like to again suggest a "Currently Trading" / "Not Trading" Button that overrides individual card settings in your collection and removes all cards from being visible as haves for trade.

Beckett should also implement this feature by setting it to default at "Not Trading" and notify all users of the feature and the current status as "Not Trading". This could eliminate all those inactive users with cards we want to trade away as well as trade for. This would certainly change the frustration level when working on our "projects".

To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.

[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]
02-12-2014, 12:37 PM
I've seen other trading sites (video games) that have a "vacation" mode. You turn that on when you can't respond to trades or are not interested in trading. You get to keep your games active, but you just can't receive trade offers.

http://s906.photobucket.com/user/shieryda/library/
02-18-2014, 06:35 AM
Since this is not in the process of being done, would suggest someone start a running list in the Forums of who is currently trading and who is taking a back seat atm.

[Image: Sig.png]

https://sites.google.com/site/jsjscollectables
02-18-2014, 07:51 AM
(02-18-2014 06:35 AM)jcollyer Wrote:  Since this is not in the process of being done, would suggest someone start a running list in the Forums of who is currently trading and who is taking a back seat atm.

Once again another idea that I elluded to that was scoffed at. My suggestion was having like a Top 20 trader list each month. That way you would at least have somewhat of a start when looking for a trade partner. Way to often when looking for a card I need for a set my search will yeild 40 or so "hits." After clicking to start a trade with each and every one of them it is a bit disheartening that 35 or more have not accessed the website since 2012 or earlier.

Looking for Jose Abreu, Mark Appel, Xander Bogaerts, Byron Buxton, Nick Castellanos, Carlos Correa, Chris Owings, Josmil Pinto, George Springer, and Masahiro Tanaka.
Thread Closed