`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions for what case to buy

Opinions for what case to buy
So looking to see what everyone thinks would be the best case to buy. Have about $2k to spend, right now i'm leaning towards National Treasure and a close 2nd is Panini Playbook. But maybe something that is already out might be better? Contenders, GS, 5 star, Precision? Thanks for any input

RE: Opinions for what case to buy
I've never bought any NT but for the price it seems to have a lot of crap and sticker autos. I bought 1 box of 5 Star last year and this year and was not disappointed. I wish I had enough cash to buy more, because I definitely would. The cards are beautiful, great patches, 1/1s, all on card autos and a great mix of rookies, vets, and HOF's. I will say that some of the boxes I've seen have been duds. However, I have seen some box breaks where people have pulled 2-3 huge hits from the same box. From my box this year, I pulled a 1/1 dual NFL Shield auto booklet of Vereen and Ridley. Anyway, I would personally go for 5 Star. Just my opinion, but hope it helps with you're decision. Good luck!

I've bought National Treasures in the past, does not nessicarly reflect what this years product is like, but Its hit or miss, even case wise. I got shafted on it, we will just put it that way.

I would suggest the new panini playbook, its like neat product, the only problem is how are you going to store all those booklets? I tell you what I am saving $1500 for, is a case of 2012 SPx that comes out in June Wink
Eddie George Super Collector

I would vote National Treasures. I like my 5 Star, but I have always been a huge fan of National Treasures. Yes, it is hit or miss, but all the high end stuff is. You are paying a premium for that chance to hit big.

I was really excited for Playbook too, but I don't even know if I am going to buy it any more. It looks VERY rookie heavy. The whole reason I like NT and 5 Star are for the veteran and legend autos, and it looks like Playbook will be short on those.

So yeah- I vote for NT or 5 Star.