`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A burning issue in my mind.. Your thoughts

A burning issue in my mind.. Your thoughts
I've been having some thoughts around the curling or bending of certain types of cards. I believe with all of the rain and humidity around here lately that I'm finding a lot of my newer cards are curling a small amount and some a lot. Even ones that I have stored in pages are doing this. I'm pretty disgruntled about this and not sure if there is a good way to avoid this without putting every card I own in a top loader.

Also is there anyway of straigtening the card once this happens without damaging the card? Also do you care if you receive cards in this state even know the card is nrmt-mint beforehand with this happening to them do you then consider them not so? I'm really at a loss and actually have real doubts about trading the ones I have away with the chance the other party will be upset about them being in this condition, with being in Australia I can't really check with dealers or other collector's if they have the same issues.

Please let me know your feelings on this so hopefully I can put this issue to rest.. in my mind atleast lol

Thanks

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

RE: A burning issue in my mind.. Your thoughts
Certain cards do this and there's no way to avoid it... OPC/Topps/Bowman Chrome, McDonald's cards, most refractor type cards and the list goes on. I don't think it effect the grade of the cards although it is annoying if storing without toploaders.

Fortunately for me, I keep all of my PC cards in toploaders so I don't have this issue... my issue is the penny sleeves sticking to the same types of cards and others due to the finish (Winter Classic cards, etc.)

No matter what we do, card companies will find ways to annoy us, hahaha...
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

+1 what he said. Any info would be good as i have the same problem at times.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(03-08-2012, 06:49 PM)tha penguin Wrote: Certain cards do this and there's no way to avoid it... OPC/Topps/Bowman Chrome, McDonald's cards, most refractor type cards and the list goes on. I don't think it effect the grade of the cards although it is annoying if storing without toploaders.

Fortunately for me, I keep all of my PC cards in toploaders so I don't have this issue... my issue is the penny sleeves sticking to the same types of cards and others due to the finish (Winter Classic cards, etc.)

No matter what we do, card companies will find ways to annoy us, hahaha...
Yeah, Well I'm finding current years being affected more regular based OPC, Certified, Donruss to name a few. I try and store all of my PC in pages and top loaders. But thats not really the issue for me its my traders I store in 5000 count boxes and the higher end stuff in binders that worry me. Yeah cards sticking together is another issue that bothers me but isn't as bad as this one.

LETS TRADE!

My UD retro are always a bit curved but i think as long as the corners are sharp, then the bv is still great. Have you tried a dehumidifire. Sorry about the spelling it draws moisture out of the air. Maybe have it run in the room where you store you collection, cheers!

Yeah I am seriously considering on getting one of those. Thanks for the reply

LETS TRADE!