`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockey Card Collectors Against Jersey Cards

Hockey Card Collectors Against Jersey Cards
Hi folks, i may be a new member to the forum but I am not new to collecting cards and game used hockey memorabilia (www.gameusedhockey.net). I also write a memorabilia column for canadianhockeyonline.ca and am hoping I can gather some support for a cause I am spearheading to stop the card companies from cutting up older jerseys.

I will be asking the NHL, NHLPA and the 3 major card companies (UD, Panini and ITG) to refrain from cutting up any jerseys that were worn prior to 1980. While we understand the card companies have a business to runn it is the older jerseys that truly are irreplaceable and since they have been cutting up so many over the last 10 years they likely still have a stock to continue to make cards for a few years to come.

I have reached out to the Hockey Hall of Fame, The Hockey News, Team Canada, and the Team USA hockey program for their support as well.

If you are interested in supporting this cause, please email me your name and email address to sensman11@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your support.

RE: Hockey Card Collectors Against Jersey Cards
Asa game worn jersey collector as well....Im definately on board with this!!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

pretty cool site

too bad no Whaler jerseys
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Would be interested in hearing what these companies' responses are, haha...
It's all about money my friend, they don't care about anything else.
Anything worth keeping in tact is safe in museums and personal collections already.
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

(03-08-2012, 07:33 PM)tha penguin Wrote: Would be interested in hearing what these companies' responses are, haha...
It's all about money my friend, they don't care about anything else.
Anything worth keeping in tact is safe in museums and personal collections already.
somewhat true..only some of the collector values the jersey....some are selling out theirs to these card companies.

Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

I'll be curious to see what the companies do when the old jerseys are all gone, and the autos to cut and put into cards, and the old sticks, and so on and so on. This is an excellent idea, and I hope you get somewhere with it. J.

I agree. While I buy the cards with swatches, I hate it when I see an old card (50s , 60s 70s) with old time jerseys cut up. It is so sad. Selling history in small quantities. The history is lost forever.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Cool Demitra, God rest his soul. My LCS has a signed one hanging in their shop.

Good luck with your cause.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

I have to agree, I hate seeing cut-up old time memoribilia. I esp hate when I see an "autod" card from an old time player, that was clearly cut from team or group signed document. I donno how many jerseys or sticks companys buy, but when you think about it, based on the small sizes of most swatches, you should be about to get A TON of cards out of one jersey or one stick. But knowing the co's they prob chop and discard pieces of them.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

i'll go on the oppositte and say i disagree. while older jerseys are much rarer, one jersey only does one person good. card companies aren't buying the old jerseys from the NHL or the HHOF here; they're buying them from private collectors. when they cut up the jersey, that's possibly hundreds of people who can now potentially own a piece of hockey history that would otherwise never have a chance. preventing card manufacturers from using jerseys doesn't prevent private collectors from keeping a jersey locked away in a closet where it does no one any good.

in the end, you can't prevent a card company from purchasing memorabilia. a good example would be ITG and the Vezina pads they have. from what i hear, the pads were put up for sale and the offer from the HHOF was laughable. ITG put in an offer and it was accepted. how are you going to tell someone what they can and can't do with their property?
Email me at SkyFireX47@yahoo.com
[Image: sig6.jpg]