`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The "Beckett Value" Field
03-08-2012, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 11:37 AM by JeffreyQ.)
The "Beckett Value" Field
What exactly is the "Beckett Value" field (available to subscribers) within the "Search Results" Page within the "price guide" area of the web site? I mean, how is it calculated considering the many GRADES of each card and the many "closed" buy/sell auction prices available on eBay, plus the many prices quoted from multiple card merchants?

And...

Why does the "Print Run" field NOT get filled-out when searching for card pricing info? Or maybe it's better to ask "When" does the field get filled-out?

Any ideas?

THANKS!

(This is a cross post from "Hobby Talk : Vintage"-- seems a more appropriate place to post! Thanks-- jjq)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: The "Beckett Value" Field
(03-08-2012 11:36 AM)JeffreyQ Wrote:  What exactly is the "Beckett Value" field (available to subscribers) within the "Search Results" Page within the "price guide" area of the web site? I mean, how is it calculated considering the many GRADES of each card and the many "closed" buy/sell auction prices available on eBay, plus the many prices quoted from multiple card merchants?

The Total Beckett Value is the value of the collection at Beckett high pricing, the Total Collection Value is the value of the collection as you have adjusted it for changes in condition.

Quote:Why does the "Print Run" field NOT get filled-out when searching for card pricing info? Or maybe it's better to ask "When" does the field get filled-out?

The print runs are only listed when released by the manufacturer. They generally only do this in numbered issues.

Ray

03-08-2012, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 04:09 PM by JeffreyQ.)
RE: The "Beckett Value" Field
Thanks so far.

As a subscriber, if I search in the Beckett site like this: "Topps Baseball 1972"....

I get a complete, numerical order list of all the tops baseball cards from 1972.

Among the fields returned by the search on the results page is the "Becket Value Field"-- Which as you imply is the price for the individual line-item (each card) at the Becket "NM" Grade.

A further question is--

Why chose the "NM" grade for the "Beckett Value Field?"
Is it just common-practice or does the "NM" Grade have any more significance?

Also-

I see that if I search as above, then click on an individual card to see a single cards info, I see an area called "Beckett Real Time Pricing."

The Real-Time pricing seems to show the prices for an individual card within a Beckett Grade range from "EX" to "NM"

Perhaps this is an obvious question--

But what good is the "Real Time Pricing" range info?

I mean at this level of info display, a subscriber can see ALL the individual Grade/Price combinations. I fail to see the value in the "Range" data.

Can anyone help me here? I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks.