`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Box Break Story So Great I have to Share Even Though its from Several Months Ago

A Box Break Story So Great I have to Share Even Though its from Several Months Ago
Last year when Topps Football went out, I stopped by my local card shop and picked up a jumbo hobby box thanks to its promise of 2 autographs and 1 Rookie Patch and figuring based upon the math that a jumbo hobby box should yield close to a complete set of regular cards - as I always do, I always get the box on top (figuring since its all random, if the box is a dud, at least I didn't pick the dud box myself)

Anyway, I took home the box and started opening them ready to see what I got.

The first autograph comes out - Early Doucet game day auto - not really a great auto given that he's done little in the NFL (especially before last season), but at least he had one great game in a significant and classic game that counted which is what the Game Day Card marked - namely the Arizona Cardinals classic 51-45 (OT) win over the Green Bay Packers where Doucet caught two Kurt Warner touchdown passes

Then the Rookie Patch - Jamie Harper - I already had a Jamie Harper auto at that point, so a bit of a disappointment - also a bit of a disappointment that it was one color (dark blue) and a relatively late round draft pick.

Then a Black card numbered to 60 (or 55) - Roy Williams wide receiver formerly of Detroit and Dallas but I believe at that point a free agent. Not great.

Then the second auto - Kendall Hunter - another relatively low round drafted rookie.

So at that point, I was highlly disappointed thinking I got a not very great veteran and two lowly drafted rookies and the black was of a by not point not even good veteran. I was cursing myself for wasting whatever money I paid for the box.

And then I opened the last pack and saw one card which turned this box from a dud to great:

(and its really too bad I don't have picture posting capabilities to give the full effect here)

Super Bowl Legends Red Memorabilia - Jerry Rice #4 (I'm pretty sure)/5

Wow! Talk about a box saver.

RE: A Box Break Story So Great I have to Share Even Though its from Several Months Ago
Awesome box saver! And a great card of the best!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

RE: A Box Break Story So Great I have to Share Even Though its from Several Months Ago
(03-08-2012, 11:17 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Awesome box saver! And a great card of the best!
Thanks

It was such a great card that it took me a couple of days to realize it was real.

Very Nice!

Great story bro! here...make some pics to go with the story...
http://photobucket.com/
its free
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(03-09-2012, 10:05 AM)chibearsboy Wrote: Great story bro! here...make some pics to go with the story...
http://photobucket.com/
its free
Being free doesn't help when you lack a computer you can upload photos on

(03-09-2012, 10:27 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Being free doesn't help when you lack a computer you can upload photos on
would you be interested in trading the Rice?

(03-09-2012, 07:58 PM)malaka76 Wrote: would you be interested in trading the Rice?
Really not sure at this point.