`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck=Card values...

Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck=Card values...
A thought popped into my head yesterday watching the tearful goodbye of Peyton Manning, not only was I not impressed the Colts made the move, but it made me wonder what is going to happen to the values of my Peyton Manning cards? I just picked up my first auto, patch and a graded Topps Chrome rookie of his a few years back as an investment (sad thing is, I don't even own a Eli auto. knew Peyton was the way to go when I had the choice). Now I am questioning that. Should I be...??? Thought I would ask my Beckett family this.

Also, overall, does this hurt Peyton's value more or drive the need of Andrew Luck's more?

RE: Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck=Card values...
They are not going to go down at least substantially. He has all kinds of records. Four MVPS and a SB. Marino doesn't and his cards are pretty good. I am in same situation you are in. I just started a graded registry collection for him before all the neck issues popped up, but I'm not worried.
[Image: QgxJg.png]

Right now I am looking for anything of Peyton Manning, Marshall Faulk, Marvin Harrison and also mid/high end auto/gu cards of Andre Dawson

Also collecting 1991 Topps Desert Shield PSA 9 or 10 Baseball cards.

As for Manning's value, I can only see them rising. He's now part of two teams heritage as opposed to just one small/medium market team especially if he lands on a large market team like San Francisco or Denver, or god forbid Dallas.

As for Luck's value, if you plan on acquiring alot of his cards do it early. There's alot more hype around RG3 but once Luck hits the field and people realize that this guy may very well end up being the greatest QB of all time they will soar much like Rodgers cards soared his third season starting.

Idk,i have a manning card that went from 20 to 12 in the last month.

Thanks for the opinions so far. I am not going to get rid of what I got. I was just curious what other collectors were thinking about the situation.

(03-08-2012, 08:11 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: As for Manning's value, I can only see them rising. He's now part of two teams heritage as opposed to just one small/medium market team especially if he lands on a large market team like San Francisco or Denver, or god forbid Dallas.

As for Luck's value, if you plan on acquiring alot of his cards do it early. There's alot more hype around RG3 but once Luck hits the field and people realize that this guy may very well end up being the greatest QB of all time they will soar much like Rodgers cards soared his third season starting.
Definitely not more hype around RG3, more uncertainty. Everybody has known for 3 months that Andrew Luck will be a Colt and he will be the #1 pick, no need for the media to talk about that, but RG3 being the clear favorite as the #2 qb off the board and the Rams openly stated willingness to trade the #2 pick, has made it a media frenzy and gives them something to talk about. No need to get rid of Peyton's cards, he is arguably, the greatest quarterback of all time and has basically been his own offensive coordinator for the majority of his career.

The comment about Luck may end up being the greatest qb of all time, is way way way premature. I will be a Luck collector and have been a life long Colts fan, but you gotta win Super Bowls and/or have tons of league records to even be mentioned in the same breathe as some of the greatest of all time. Lets let the guy get drafted and strap on an NFL uniform before we start throwing those kind of accolades at him.
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

Short term, his Rookie cards will go up in value, hi-end colts Manning cards that are not rookies drop 20-50%.

Manning plays into his 40's, I wouldn't be surprised to see him flinging at 45. All the Naysayers blah blah blah. WaTCH and LEARN!
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

I have 30 Manning auto's, over 60 rookies and 75 + gu'ed. I think he is a heck of a QB and if you are unsure let me know and I will be happy to take them off our hands! Wink

We have sold more Peyton cards lately. Maybe all the news??? It is close to Ken Griffey Jr. We sell about the same regardless of what team he is with on the card. I have not seen a price drop. The card you want to get is him with his new team.
[Image: opctif.jpg]

Luck will have the same market value of Cam Newton, possibly more considering he's heading into more of a Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers role stepping right in behind some great player, and not Jimmy Clausen.

As far as Peyton goes, did Favre's values go down after he went Jet, or Vikings, actually they increades a bit.

Plus, If you think about it in the Favre way, the scarcity of things with a new team, gu, auto fees, are likely to make certain sets worth more.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"