`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
population report accuracy?

population report accuracy?
PSA and BGS produce population reports that shows how many cards they have graded at certain grades. My question is how accurate can these reports be? Are they even worth looking at? I see a lot of people either bust cards out of slabs because they do not like graded cards or they send graded cards in to be crossed over from one slab to another. How do the grading company's update their population reports?
Smile 
RE: population report accuracy?
(03-07-2012, 05:18 PM)dkotart Wrote: PSA and BGS produce population reports that shows how many cards they have graded at certain grades. My question is how accurate can these reports be? Are they even worth looking at? I see a lot of people either bust cards out of slabs because they do not like graded cards or they send graded cards in to be crossed over from one slab to another. How do the grading company's update their population reports?
Population Reports are not always 100% accurate. You already stated a few reasons why it is so. I believe that they are worth looking at when you are trying to collect a particular card with a particular grade of a particular grading company. Your last question is the most hard to answer by any person that is not working with a grading company. Only the grading company can give you the exact and most satisfying answer to your last question. Beckett might be able to help you out on that last question.

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

RE: population report accuracy?
(03-07-2012, 05:18 PM)dkotart Wrote: PSA and BGS produce population reports that shows how many cards they have graded at certain grades. My question is how accurate can these reports be? Are they even worth looking at? I see a lot of people either bust cards out of slabs because they do not like graded cards or they send graded cards in to be crossed over from one slab to another. How do the grading company's update their population reports?
I only collect Nolan Ryan BGS/BVG Graded cards and I can tell you that it is not accurate. I'm working with Mark Anderson to assist Beckett in finding out what is going on. I think it deals with the switch over.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!