Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on grading
Bug 
Question on grading
Does Beckett grade autograph "books" from bowman sterling? I just received a 2010 Bowman Sterling Football Quad auto "C.J. Spillew, Ryan Mathews, Jahvid Best & Ben Tate. I know they grade large items, but not sure on pricing and how they grade/protect the item or what they charge to grade an item like this.

[Image: 2010STERLING-SPILLERMATHEWSBESTTATEQUADAUTO7OF10.jpg]

RE: Question on grading
Yes they do I just sent off my Five Star Kafka I think they charge a little extra.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(03-06-2012, 10:35 AM)onemanstanding Wrote: Yes they do I just sent off my Five Star Kafka I think they charge a little extra.
Have any idea how much extra? I pay with money orders to get stuff graded so..

I believe its on their submission form but I think it was an extra 8.00
My Bucket

(03-06-2012, 12:58 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: I believe its on their submission form but I think it was an extra 8.00
Any suggestion on how to package it to ship to them then? Bubble wrap or something like that?

You're gonna get hit on Surface, Edges and Corners. I can tell that just from looking at the scan. I'm not sure if i'd send it in to be honest with you.

(03-06-2012, 03:54 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: You're gonna get hit on Surface, Edges and Corners. I can tell that just from looking at the scan. I'm not sure if i'd send it in to be honest with you.
LOL thats a scanned image, corners are perfect, surface yea maybe a lil rough edges perfect. That image was taken directly out of pack so its mint condition, that or Topps owes me a better grade card.

I split the booklet into 2 different penny sleeves then sandwich between 2 pieces of cardboard. I just uploaded the one I got back today and it was an extra 8 for oversize.

[Image: MikeKafkaBGS7108237.jpg]
(03-06-2012, 04:46 PM)foyans Wrote: LOL thats a scanned image, corners are perfect, surface yea maybe a lil rough edges perfect. That image was taken directly out of pack so its mint condition, that or Topps owes me a better grade card.
I recommend trying to clean up the surface with a micro cloth or something that is very clean and does not leave marks after wiping something down. I clean the surfaces on all my cards before scanning.
My Bucket

(03-06-2012, 04:46 PM)foyans Wrote: LOL thats a scanned image, corners are perfect, surface yea maybe a lil rough edges perfect. That image was taken directly out of pack so its mint condition, that or Topps owes me a better grade card.
Unfortunately pack fresh doesn't always mean mint condition. Damage from the factory, shipping, handling, etc can all contribute to less than ideal condition. Having said that, BGS slabs are a great way to protect the card so you could always ask for them to grade at a minimum grade (for example, 8.5 or better) or just slab and authenticate.

I think he means its a redemption straight from the factory. It better be mint