`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wow why is this place so lonely?

RE: Wow why is this place so lonely?
(03-05-2012, 05:29 PM)20youksox Wrote: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Also, I don't think the people viewing thing at the top is accurate.
This would be correct
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I wish Beckett would just let you stay logged in. -instead it boots you off every day and makes you relog in. Not a huge deal breaker if you're on your computer, but a potential roadblock for people who check in on their cellphone. There are plenty of times where I check the forum while taking a quick break from work, but when I go to chime in, it prompts me for my login, which is a huge pain on my phone. a lot of the time I just say, nah, forget it.

On a side note, I may be delusional (picture: will Ferrell in Elf), but I think it will be sweet when Beckett finally gets matchmaker together. The good thing about it at this time is that you often deal with the same circle of people, so traders seem to keep it real honest here. I've done about 50 trades so far and no hint of funny business or hassles. The mods also do a pretty good job of keeping the nonsense off the boards. I've only been on the baseball boards, so I can't comment on any of the others.

Also, I've only been on here for 6 months, but I seem to notice a lot of new and "born again" collectors joining the hobby. Maybe that's always the case, but there might just be an uptick in collectors in their 20s and 30s especially (I.e., the guys who originally collected from '86 to '94 like me). Guys who are starting to make a little money for themselves and are looking for a Fun way to spend it.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(03-05-2012, 05:35 PM)jn baseball cards Wrote: To be honest, I make a few deals on here, here and there. But I hate the fact that it's a stipulation that you have to add cards to your "org" to trade or sell. That sucks, I'm on 3 other forums and they don't expect you to follow a big list of rules and regulations to trade or sell. That's why I believe those forums have so much more traffic, and one of the reasons John migrated as well.

Not taking anything away from Beckett, it's a nice forum. I pay for the OPG, and I like to list my recent pickups here. But that's about all I do here. From time to time, there are some nice discussions going on and I like to read and chime in. But other than that, people steer clear of selling and some trading here because of some of the rules. I can't tell you how many times I've posted scans to trade or sell and one of the MODs deleted it, or locked it out.

All this is just my opinion.
You enter your cards in org to trade- its that simple. If not then you cant trade, hence the mod action. It takes minutes to add cards for trade, especially if you already paid for it, why not use it.

(03-05-2012, 06:51 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Actually a lot of it is because this is now an adult's only site, you have to be 18 or older to post/trade/sell/be a member,

Beckett did this to protect it's members, because adults are not allowed to trade with anyone under 18, it's the law, and it saves a lot of hassle.

The other sites are mostly kids, even the MODS are like 12, 13 yrs old, and it isn't going to be a big shock to me, when those sites are ordered to close down, and the amount of scammers they have on those sites is appalling, I have even had one owner from one of the well known other sites tell me, that isn't worth the time for them to ban bad traders/scammers, because they will just come back under a new ID, all he cares about is the number of members, the ad revenues, and the freebies he gets from the different companies like, topps, press pass, UD, etc...
+1
Just to give you an idea of how many were here today, the day isnt over yet, so far 3137 Members Were Online Today. Beckett isnt going anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(03-05-2012, 09:06 PM)floydtown Wrote: Just to give you an idea of how many were here today, the day isnt over yet, so far 3137 Members Were Online Today
Is that counting 3137 unique users or number of times accessed by members?

(03-05-2012, 09:16 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Is that counting 3137 unique users or number of times accessed by members?
UNIQUE
most are football guys though Wink
j/k
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Just wanted to add this: The most users online at one time was 92 on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 at 06:25 PM Smile I bet this also refers to the most unique users online at one time.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-05-2012, 09:06 PM)floydtown Wrote: You enter your cards in org to trade- its that simple. If not then you cant trade, hence the mod action. It takes minutes to add cards for trade, especially if you already paid for it, why not use it.

+1
Just to give you an idea of who was here today, you guys cant see the forum stats, so far 3137 Members Were Online Today
I understand your defending beckett but you have to admit they promised to have the new site up and running and it kept getting delayed then alot of other things happened and it seems like the site is still not 100% there and it dosen't look like it will anytime soon. I do believe that when the site gets to running 100% the other site will be hurting as all the old members will come back because it sucks to search for people who have cards you need. It took me days to go through an look at each card I want and see who has them and to put it on a excel sheet. For all I know alot could have been traded already new new cards I need have been listed again. I do think I will be more motivate to add cards in my org when I know people will be alerted when they see one pop up and let them know I just listed it.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

hate to drop in for such a short time but got to go, the war awaits me
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired
Smile 
(03-05-2012, 09:21 PM)floydtown Wrote: hate to drop in for such a short time but got to go, the war awaits me
take care and God speed. please come back soon! Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-05-2012, 06:51 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Actually a lot of it is because this is now an adult's only site, you have to be 18 or older to post/trade/sell/be a member,

Beckett did this to protect it's members, because adults are not allowed to trade with anyone under 18, it's the law, and it saves a lot of hassle.

The other sites are mostly kids, even the MODS are like 12, 13 yrs old, and it isn't going to be a big shock to me, when those sites are ordered to close down, and the amount of scammers they have on those sites is appalling, I have even had one owner from one of the well known other sites tell me, that isn't worth the time for them to ban bad traders/scammers, because they will just come back under a new ID, all he cares about is the number of members, the ad revenues, and the freebies he gets from the different companies like, topps, press pass, UD, etc...
This is one of the problems I have with some of the other sites. One of the deals I did on another site, not naming any names, I bought some cards, then got emailed and asked what cards I bought from him. Luckily I remembered 7 out of the 8 of them. Then I wait a few weeks for these to get here and their is one short. something wasn't adding up. So I asked him to please send me the card I was shorted since it was the main reason I bought the lot and my reply was "gonna send it as soon as my dad gets his check and gives me money to ship it with" REALLY! Selling cards on a site thru Paypal and your dad has to give you money to ship one card. Finally after around 6-8 emails I get my card. Turns out after all this I read a post where he says he was 15 years old. That just totally turned me off from that site and although I was getting some really good deals and finding stuff I can't sometimes find on here I feel a lot safer on here and if I buy it will be from here or the Bay.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.