`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wow why is this place so lonely?

RE: Wow why is this place so lonely?
(03-05-2012, 05:40 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: If you read through all the posts, that pretty much sums up why things are the way they are here.
I've gone off and joined a few other boards, but for trading this site is the easiest interface. Building a database of what you have for trade is pretty time-consuming.
+1....takes 3 minutes to set your card for tradeSad
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

I noticed a lot of members are leaving ones that have been here for a while to. I am sad about it really, it is also making it hard to trade for certain players, like Jeter, I have done one trade for a decent card of his in 2 months. I miss some of the guys who have left too,they really added to the boards as well. I honestly am looking into other boards for some tradeing, just so I can get cards of who I need. Other than that I love Beckett, love the people, love the organize, love the trade page..

I just got here a few months ago and I dig it. I've made some really great trades to fill out my vintage sets, and helped people with stuff that was just sitting in my basement. I'm a fan. Also, my beer post got like 14,398 responses.
So, I got that going for me. Which is nice.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I've been a member here since 2004 and been trading for about 2 years. I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 trades in 2 years. But not many over the last 6 months.

I've found another popular site (but won't list names) to visit and trade/sell on. I've been on there about 1-1/2 months and have already seen a huge difference in traffic, especially on weekday afternoons.

They don't require ORG or to pay for anything. I like it and have made some trades/sells over there and am spending more time over there.

Secondly, I'm not the only one. There's just not many people to trade with here that I haven't already done a couple of trades with in the past. There's a lot of "new meat" over there and I am finding stuff I haven't been able to see here.

Just my opinion.

I think all the crappy changes confirm that Beckett doesn't really want the forum here. It's more hassle then it's worth to them. I believe they will disband it like Mcfarlane did if they see an opening.

Being new to the trading game Beckett has been a great introduction. I've explored a few other sites but haven't taken to the time to try and get anything going on them yet, partly because the Org and Trade setup here is great. I can a see a time in the next few months where if I want to keep trading I'll need to venture out to some of the other places.

(03-05-2012, 06:05 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I've been a member here since 2004 and been trading for about 2 years. I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 trades in 2 years. But not many over the last 6 months.

I've found another popular site (but won't list names) to visit and trade/sell on. I've been on there about 1-1/2 months and have already seen a huge difference in traffic, especially on weekday afternoons.

They don't require ORG or to pay for anything. I like it and have made some trades/sells over there and am spending more time over there.

Secondly, I'm not the only one. There's just not many people to trade with here that I haven't already done a couple of trades with in the past. There's a lot of "new meat" over there and I am finding stuff I haven't been able to see here.

Just my opinion.

I noticed you were on here less and less. These are the losses to this site that hurt.
But I have the same problem I can't find cards I want and need here anymore, I traded with the same people over and over and their isn't much left int he way of cards. I have great friends here tho, and they are really the reason I stay here. Plus I like the OPG, keeps me from being striped naked in trades..lol..

(03-05-2012, 06:34 PM)Jakelovescards Wrote: I noticed you were on here less and less. These are the losses to this site that hurt.
But I have the same problem I can't find cards I want and need here anymore, I traded with the same people over and over and their isn't much left int he way of cards. I have great friends here tho, and they are really the reason I stay here. Plus I like the OPG, keeps me from being striped naked in trades..lol..
Thanks for noticing.

I like the site as far as being able to have the OPG and updating pricing. I was just talking to someone about that at my LCS this weekend.

I also like having ORG because it lets me see what team/set needs I have without having to figure how to build a database.

I still peek in and leave my input on certain items and boards and browse/post a little. Just not as much.

I know I'm one of the guys I was talking about as far as leaving and going to better/greener pastures. But I am just not having any luck trading on this site anymore because a.) there's so few traders, and b.) everybody has already picked stuff they need.

Actually a lot of it is because this is now an adult's only site, you have to be 18 or older to post/trade/sell/be a member,

Beckett did this to protect it's members, because adults are not allowed to trade with anyone under 18, it's the law, and it saves a lot of hassle.

The other sites are mostly kids, even the MODS are like 12, 13 yrs old, and it isn't going to be a big shock to me, when those sites are ordered to close down, and the amount of scammers they have on those sites is appalling, I have even had one owner from one of the well known other sites tell me, that isn't worth the time for them to ban bad traders/scammers, because they will just come back under a new ID, all he cares about is the number of members, the ad revenues, and the freebies he gets from the different companies like, topps, press pass, UD, etc...

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(03-05-2012, 06:51 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Actually a lot of it is because this is now an adult's only site, you have to be 18 or older to post/trade/sell/be a member,

Beckett did this to protect it's members, because adults are not allowed to trade with anyone under 18, it's the law, and it saves a lot of hassle.

The other sites are mostly kids, even the MODS are like 12, 13 yrs old, and it isn't going to be a big shock to me, when those sites are ordered to close down, and the amount of scammers they have on those sites is appalling, I have even had one owner from one of the well known other sites tell me, that isn't worth the time for them to ban bad traders/scammers, because they will just come back under a new ID, all he cares about is the number of members, the ad revenues, and the freebies he gets from the different companies like, topps, press pass, UD, etc...
THIS

absolutely